1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you trust more in the future?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Feb 11, 2016.

?

Who do you trust more?

1. Morey - He is a top 5 GM and they don't come along often

46.1%
  2. Harden - He is a Superstar and they don't come along often

26.8%
  3. Neither - Both are Overrated.

27.2%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Morey can get you another Harden, Harden can't get you another Morey.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wtf, what about Howard??? We all know this is fodder for when we sign dwight to max + player option/trade clause etc etc, Lololol

Ooooo where's the option for JBB or Les, lol

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Are u kidding me? Theres currently like 5 harden sucks threads right now.

I don't think that's putting anyone on a pedestal.

Also how come Morey gets his picture but you put a photoshopped harden picture. Don't we have enough of these threads?

You could have voiced you harden sucks agenda in one of the other Million threads on the front page.

4. Ranny

Ranny Member

Why do we have to choose between these two again? whats the reasoning behind this? if any....

5. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Proof again that this website has the highest concentration of Morey fanboys than anywhere else in the world... No one values this guy like this little website.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Mistakes and errors happen... I trust the person that I think is the most devoted to trying to do a good job...

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I don't like the idea of having to tank every year for the next 12 years to MAYBE draft a player at or near James Harden's level. And then an additional 4-6 years after that trying to figure out how to build a team around him

Usually you chose elite player over gm because elite players are that difficult to get. In Morey's instance he was able to get YOUNG elite player WITHOUT drafting for him. Not many GMs in the league have that ability. Not to say Morey can always replicate that move, he can't just "get another Harden". It means Morey can keep the team relevant without prolonged rebuilding and sucking, he can replenish the shelf.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey's job depends on his mind. Harden's job depends on his body (and his mind to a lesser degree).

Which one do you want to depend on long term?

That said, it would not be surprising if Harden stayed longer than Morey on the Rockets.

9. Houston22

Houston22 Member

False. Harden's job depends a lot on his mind. Think Sprewell.

10. Marteen

Marteen Member

I trust the Astros.

1 person likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Okay, so whose mind do you trust more? Morey's or Harden's?

12. Greg M

Greg M Member

I'll say it. I don't like Harden on the Rockets. I don't like the lack of movement on offense. I hate playing for the foul. I despise lazy defense. He's amazing, but I don't want to watch him on my team all year.

The problem though is how in the hell can you acquire a top player to take the reigns.

13. syn

syn Member

Harden by far. Let me know when Morey can lead the league in PPG or FT made.

14. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Morey is garbage and the league knows it, but he has enough fanboys trolling this site that he can come here for some lovin' when he doesn't want to tweeter.

The league seemingly has no respect for Morey and in my opinion he will be out of a GM job for good when his time in Houston is done - unless the 76er's want to double down on analytics...

How this place is so remarkably negative towards everything that is not Daryl Morey is hilariously ironic considering he is the one in charge of all the **** people are crying about.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

I've been over Harden all year. I've also been over Moreyball. I'm fine with keeping both of them if we get a real coach to run his own system.

16. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Terrible poll in so many ways.
    1) You filled your description with your own suppositions. (skews opinions)
    2) Your graphic of harden with 'turnovers' in the graphic. (skews opinions)
    3) Missing our other max player- howard.
    4) No both option.
    Bottom line: so skewed and options so limited as to be totally without any validity or usefulness.

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Things I want to see from the Rockets
    Harden needs to rededicate himself to getting in better shape and becoming a better defender in the off season.
    Morey needs to hire a coach to get the best out of the roster he is given and Morey needs to acquire players that have some chemistry together.

18. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

FTW Milkhair FTW...told us all we needed to do was get rid of McHale and we would win it all. Must be true right?

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL, you're still butt hurt that one of the worst coaches in Rockets history is gone. One of the worst coaches in the NBA was booted.

[​IMG]

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Interesting results so far. Same amount of people think Harden is the way to go for the future as they think both Harden and Morey are over-rated

Mauri remains top dog.

[​IMG]