1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the Rockets make WCF this year...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

If they get rid of scrub Bev and Brewer at the deadline and get some player that fit our "system" in their roles, I would not count us out just yet.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

so op is like "i know we're one of the worst defensive teams in the league and give up the 2nd most points BUT, we can make the finals. we can do it! just go out there, play hard basketball, play some defense, rebound the ball, bring a lot of energy and dont lose the game. we can do this cmon lets go! ROOOOOOOCKETS AAAAAAAAAAAAKSSSSSSSSETBAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!

3. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

lol, this is a funny post

4. omgTHEpotential

What's aksetball?

5. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

When Pigs fly.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

a lower form of assketball. even more ass and less ball. i wouldnt recommend watching it

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not since Moses Malone's Rockets has a team been below .500 at the ASG break and made it to the conference finals.

just saying

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

A freak occurrence like the Sonics getting bounced in the first round in 1994 and 1995? Strange things happen.

1 person likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well miracles can happen to the same team two years in a row. Didn't the Magic win back to back lottery?

Frankly, we have a better chance of winning the #1 pick missing the playoffs than getting to the WCF making the playoffs.

Last year, there was one superior team (GS) and a bunch of second tier teams including the Rockets. This year, there are two superior teams (GS, SA) and one second tier team (OKC) and a bunch of third tier team. If the Rockets make the playoffs, they will be in the third tier. That means they will have to beat one of the three teams that are clearly better to get to the WCF.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: I'm pretty sure none of those historical big first round upsets resulted in the underdog getting a sniff of the conference finals. Both DEN (v SEA) and GSW (v DAL) lost next round.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So there's a chance!!

:-D-

12. Karolik

Karolik Member

key word is potential. I also have the potential to become the president of the United States.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

14. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

how many times has a lower than 4 seed won the title? once. only once. buuuuuut. it was the rox. heritage? destiny. nah. that would require a heart. this team has nothing but butt butter in their chest cavity where a heart is usually placed.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This might work, hope Morey reads it.

16. eslate22

eslate22 Member

if the rockets win the title this year....

17. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

In fairness, I did say 'far-fetched'.

Props and rep for remembering the Sonics/Lakers series though. Everyone remembers Mutombo clutching the ball, but the power failure in Gm 2 and NVE going nuts in Gm 4 was hilarious.

18. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

It's possible. If they can fix their defense, turnover, rebounding, and get a coach that knows what he's doing by the playoffs, then the ceiling is through the rooof.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hey partner, I watched Moses Malone play. I knew Moses Malone. Moses Malone was a friend of mine. James Harden, sir, is no Moses Malone. :grin:

with apologies to Lloyd Benson . . .
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NRCWbFFRpnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Garner

Garner Member

Nice try, Corey.