1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Houston shouldn't turn its back on Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's sad because I think Dwight has a winner's mentality. He's got the right attitude, and I think he's finally matured. James looks like he doesn't give any s***s out there. He nearly had a triple double last night and yet this team still looked like garbage. If James could have Dwight's heart, this team would be fine. If Dwight could have Jame's talent, this team would be fine. No synergy at all. They are autonomous, and that in itself is depressing.

1 person likes this.
  2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This Howard can't take any pressure off of Harden because he can't make his free throws. The NBA has changed if you are a superstar you have to be able to make your free throws or teams will use it as a strategy to take your teams momentum and take you out of the game. Dwight can't the defend the paint as well as he used too and he can't make his free throws. He's still better than most center's but can be easily taken out of the game, his stats don't take that into account.

3. valorita

valorita Member

We can get the most value for him on a playoff team looking for something to push them over the top. This is because the best thing going for D12 is "playoff dwight".

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

I really don't know if any teams think Dwight would push them over the top. That's because the Warriors are so strong. Cleveland is the only team that might think he would push them over the top.

5. abaker28

abaker28 Member

It seems pointless defending Dwight because there are always those who will try and put him down.
    Last month I was lucky enough to see Rockets play back to back in LA. At timeouts when Harden would go on his own to the bench and sit down with no one else around him and rarely talk to people, Dwight on the other hand was pulling Capella aside talking and teaching him. (And I'm sure D12's detractors are going to suggest that's why Capella has been rubbish lately - so I said it for you).
    Not saying get rid of Harden, but don't get rid of Dwight. Those 2 aren't the problems!

2 people like this.
  6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So basically you are hating on Harden to make Dwight look good, lol. You are basically doing what you are accusing others of doing. I've seen Harden do the same thing.

7. abaker28

abaker28 Member

That's a fair comment, but that was not the intent of my post.
    I get players (regardless of status) are frustrated. But the smack down whether it's Harden, Howard or anyone else for that matter has been OTT. (which of course will happen)
    Dwight cops it enough from those outside of Houston, but from all reports he does more than any other Rockets player.
    I was trying to give another example of Dwight in a positive way.
    Like my last statement, 'those 2 aren't the problem' - referring to James & Dwight.

8. kchin

kchin Member

Why don't the Rockets fire Darryl Morey. He's put together this roster that got lucky last year. He blew up a young core that always had the Golden State Warriors number (granted they weren't the Warriors they are now). He should never have touched that team with Harden, Howard, Parsons, and Lin.

9. kchin

kchin Member

...and he fired Kevin McHale

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

get over lin, he sucks.

11. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Always hated both Harden and Dwight, both don't have a winning or likeable attitude, smart thing to do is tarde these guys. I miss guys like Yao/Hakeem/Scola guys you liked regardless of how the team is doing....

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Hilarious, you basically killed your own argument with a fact you even acknowledge.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Nothing says Dwight's matured and has the right attitude quite like his refusal to improve any part of his post game or shooting touch his entire career, his goofy smile after every offensive foul, travelling violation, and goaltending, and getting ejected in 2 straight games just a few weeks ago.

Harden and the Rockets are straight up a better team when Dwight is off the court, and the sample size is significant enough to take it seriously. In the Portland game despite putting up big stats, he was a -24 and the Rockets were +11 when he was off the court.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

agreed, just like that loser steve nash who couldn't be bothererd to learn how to dunk

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You do not have to give Dwight James' talent, all you need is a future medication that can heal and make Howard years younger and

the Rockets should be much better with 2009 or 2010 Howard.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Howard has significantly been absent this year.

And in those b2b games without Howard the Rox did not look consistent

Yes Harden will win you some without Howard but he also loses tons of games.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The numbers don't really back that up hardens record without dwight over the last 2 years with the same crew is 35-18. He wins a lot more games than he loses.

His 7-4 record this year is pretty similar to the 28-13 he posted last year. Not quite as good but very close.

The 20-24 record this year with both is disgusting bad consider how good they have been together the last 2 years before this.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

win-loss record without players is the most over rated stat people try to use

19. ApuN

ApuN Member

Dwight a winner?

Mature??

What Dwight u watchin'???

Dwight has taken himself out of multiple games because of his childish temprement. Remember, if we had an extra game in the WCF he would have been tossed for it.

If he had a winners attitude, he'd be able to hit his free-throws and develop some kind of jump shot to expand his limited offense.

I'm sorry Dwight does not have enough brains or heart to be a champion

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The problem's been that Dwight's body has matured faster than his head