1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Forecast: 2016-17 West standings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

TBH, it is hard for me to believe the Rockets could get Cousins. But you never know in the NBA. Anything is possible.

I am not high on Gay, but in MDA's offense as a PF, that might be interesting.

I LOVE Millsap. To me he would be a STRONG get. And I think he would have great chemistry with Harden in the half court. Millsap gives you a TWO WAY PF. And could even close games at C ala Draymond Green. Lots of versatility there.

Hate to see Ariza go, but if it is to add someone of Millsap's calibre, then you do it.

Morey going out and trying to trade for "buy low" talent to put in a better situation to flourish is his MO.

2. hvic

hvic Member

Mavs are ranked pretty high in my opinion lol

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Rockets trade for Millsap, yeah they would be doing it with the intent to sign him long term. And yes at 31. I know that would give a lot of people pause, but, he still looks to be in his prime. He might not taper off as fast as other players. He is pretty durable.

If the Rockets are going to give 4 years to Gordon and Anderson, they will give 4 years and big dollars to Millsap. And players can always get traded.

4. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

How on earth would Milsap only cost the Rockets just Ariza? I don't see wanting enough Rockets players to make it work.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"It will cost Ariza" probably doesn't include "along with a lot of other players or picks."

6. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Even still Ariza, Beverly and the 14th pick in the next few years draft don't seem to get it done. Not sure what the Rockets have that's attractive.

7. alethios

alethios Member

Could SnT DMo too?

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Could a bird be another Pelican? Crazy dream but what would they want for Hield? Maybe Tyreke Evans is a target?

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Codman some people really want to be on your level so badly. Lol

It will be interesting to see how things play out.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

BSPN being BSPN. Blazers just used all their cap on crabbe, harkless and CJ Mcollum and thats a better team than whst the Rox have? Ariza is better than any of these 3 fools lmao.

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Still acting like an insider huh? I heard similar stuff through the grapevine..

12. jamesdelia

jamesdelia Member

they wouldn't have drafted hield and held him this long if they didnt want to keep him.

13. caneks

caneks Rookie

14. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

If Rockets can't secure at least the 6th seed, it is probably better to just tank. Another 2 - 3 years of Harden's prime will be wasted unless another superstar joins the squad.

Short of getting Cousins or Anthony Davis or Towns for free, I don't see how the Rockets could become #2 seed. I don't think guys like Blake Griffin would be enough.

Just a difficult situation to be in. Need a historic team to beat GSW and then you need to beat the Cavs. Irving is going to take the step into superstar status next year also IMO. Dude is absolutely amazing and no non-sense like LBJ.

Rockets could beat dysfunctional teams like the Clippers, though.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

sorry but ariza is only better than 2/3. should be pretty clear who he isn't better than

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

wolves are not going to get into the playoffs. they'll be lucky to even reach .500 next year

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Agreed...but I'm greedy. Look for 48 wins.

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Oh and just so we can get this STRAIGHT the organization will not tank you very much !

ain't gonna happen so let's just not waste precious kilobytes on this please ?