1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Direct TV and ATT buy CSN Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

repost

[rquoter]Astros statement: “We are very pleased with Judge Isgur’s confirmation of the plan to reorganize the Network under AT&T and DirecTV. Throughout this long process, our main goal has been to provide broad coverage of Astros games for our fans throughout our region. This new Network will allow us to achieve this goal. There are still a few obstacles that we have to overcome, but today’s decision is a big victory for Astros fans and the City of Houston.”[/rquoter]

[rQUOTEr]Rockets CEO Tad Brown: “On behalf of Leslie Alexander and our organization and, more than anything, our fans, we are very appreciative of Judge Isgur’s ruling and look forward to getting our games on as quickly as possible. We want to stay focused to make sure that we get the network on the air to the entire market as quickly as possible." [/rQUOTEr]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It remains unclear when the new network will launch, but expect it to be some time in mid-November.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/527960070467104768">October 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>DirecTV has no comment at this time.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/527960217422934016">October 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Between now and mid-November, as Kevin Garnett has told us :p, anything is possible.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is there a deadline to appeal?

3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Mid-November!??

(sigh)

F**********.

5. Raven

Raven Member

So does Dish also get games or are they going to be shut out?

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

From what I've read (in this thread) is that Dish will not carry the channel. Only DirecTV UVerse and Comcast will.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Does anyone know if Suddenlink will carry the new channel?

8. jedicro

jedicro Member

Why has this thread not grown by 400 pages since the announcement?

9. bmd

bmd Member

Because that is the stupid thing about really long threads like this.

Most people lose interest and stop clicking on the thread.. so when actual news happens, they miss it. Or at least it takes much longer for the news to spread.

That's why I hate the infatuation on this site with these super-long threads that last for months. Most people aren't going to wade through them for into and they probably miss a lot.

10. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

I'm surprised of this as well.. Damn have to wait few more weeks but it's good news!

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]No big surprise, but Comcast just filed official notice of appeal in the CSN Houston bankruptcy case.

Judge isgur will hold a hearing on assorted aspects of the case at 2 p.m. Friday.

Comcast says judge erred (1) in confirming Ch. 11 plan, (2) in not allowing 1111(b) designation for Comcast secured loan, (3) in holding that Comcast loan was treated fairly by plan under section 1129(b) of bankruptcy code, (4) in ruling that plan was accepted by a class of creditors that will not receive full repayment, (5) in saying plan did not discriminate against Comcast's claims, and (6) in saying that exculpation clauses in plan were lawful.[/rQUOTEr]

12. newAge_Rockets

Doesn't really matter. Judge Isgur's ruling and justification of the reorganization plan should stave off any appeal by Comcast. Root will be up by mid November, according to Barron's guess. Screw Comcast, and they shouldn't get a damn dime from anyone in Houston.

1 person likes this.
  13. NotChandlerParsons

Cause I have Dish :/

14. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

I want to know this as well.

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

So now from mid November? 3 weeks then? Sounds good. I can live with that.

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Agreed, we did 2 years without it.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Charlie P said it yesterday afternoon at 790 that the earliest date for Roots Sports could be Nov 09, not sure how he got the date but that's what I have heard.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Oh btw J.R. if you are reading, will you update the radio interviews of Morey and McHale this season?

I heard the interview between Charlie and McHale yesterday and there are some really interesting stuff, I heard McHale mentioned he (Morey together) actually called Bosh and he said, "I knew he is not coming when I hang up and at that moment its like I talk to Morey : what's our plan B".

Would love to have the full scripts.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

November 9th is the last scheduled game on CSN.

20. RCPM

RCPM Member

November 14th expected launch date for Root Sports Houston.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.