1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Military State] Ferguson, MO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by percicles, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

He's got plenty of community organizing experience. He should know how to lead a country right? :rolleyes: He hasn't done ANYTHING is his professional life to speak of.

This isn't about me, but nothing you've said is anything close to accurate. But who cares? I'm not here to make friends with you, impress you, or give a damn what you think.

With that said, Obama has a terrible track record and everything he has done is a failure. I can back that up with facts.

We have the lowest labor participation rate in almost 30 years. Obamacare is a failure. He interjects his opinion into things he shouldn't. I could go on, but your liberal mind doesn't want to hear any of it.

2. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

But he wouldn't voice his stupid opinion is a white person may have possibly been wronged by a black person, no matter how jacked up the scenario was. He's racist.

I can think of THREE incidents where he opened his big mouth where he shouldn't have.

The most idiotic one is where he said the Mass. police "acted stupidly" when he didn't know what in the hell really happened. It's embarrassing when the president interjects his opinion into a small time, local level event, that wouldn't have otherwise made the news had there not been a black person involved.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Probably the first cover up in law enforcement history. EVARRRR.

4. CometsWin

Here we go with the white people, victims of rampant racism crybaby talking point. What's so funny about this is as often as white people cry about this you would think they were the minority. LOL

Give me quotes please. I would think arresting a Harvard professor on his own front damn porch is acting pretty stupidly.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do you seriously think there was a cover up, or are you just butt-hurt that you were wrong all along?

6. CometsWin

Waiting on facts regarding "everything he has done is a failure". Thanks.

Err... why do we have a low participation rate? See, if you knew what you were talking about and weren't regurgitating some talking point you heard somewhere you wouldn't even have bothered to bring this up. I hope the rest of your facts are more substantive.

This is fascinating but I'm going to enjoy the rest of my night. That should give you plenty of time to compile facts on the whole "everything he has done is a failure" rant.

#1146 CometsWin, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

he's butt-hurt

his meltdown tells it all

8. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Looks like a white hooded circle jerk is about to jump off.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Under the supervision of the Department of Justice?

10. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

[​IMG]

11. Nook

Nook Member

#1 As far as Obama having never "done anything", he has been a two term President, Senator from a major state, graduated from Columbia and Harvard, graduated from law school with honors, been a college professor, best selling author, husband, father and attorney all by middle age. He HAS accomplished a great deal by any definition.

#2 If he has not accomplished anything as President, then what has the legislative branch accomplished? Also, for better or worse he passed the most radical and comprehensive legislation in 50 years.

#3 You don't have to LIKE what Obama has done as President and you don't have to agree with every decision he makes (I don't) but to stay he hasn't done anything is just false. It is the same narrative used against Reagan 30 years ago and Clinton 20 years ago.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

It is a crying shame when people rush to judgement without all the facts and then get pissed off when the facts do not back them up.

1 person likes this.
  13. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Parroting Fox "News," check.

Seriously, everything? More echoing of pundits, do you have anything else?

As a result of the Baby Boomers beginning to retire. I can, without even using a crystal ball, predict with near 100% certainty that the labor participation rate will continue to go down for the next decade or so regardless of which party happens to occupy the White House.

Really? The uninsured rate is at the lowest level since we started tracking that statistic. Medical inflation is at the lowest level in decades. Your "facts" sure do lose their luster when actual facts are brought into the discussion.

Yes, you could rail on about things that either aren't Obama's fault or that just don't matter for HOURS. That's what happens when all you are able to do is regurgitate the rantings of pundits.

Next thing you'll tell us is that the economy hasn't improved since Obama took office. :rolleyes:

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Riddle me this -- if Obama is doing as well as you would suggest, why is his approval rating so awful, and why are democratic candidates avoiding him during this critical campaigning season?

As Hall & Oates would say, you're out of touch.

15. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You mean his approval rating is down just like every other two term president in modern history?

Not as low as Bush's was, though. And you voted for that clown twice. I didn't vote for Obama either time, so only one of us actually voted for the guy that the other thinks is a disgrace to the office of President.

16. CometsWin

Since the anti-Obama posse is silent on the quotes I've requested. Here are some actual quotes by Obama on Ferguson that I've taken off the internets. They're OUTRAGEOUS!

"We've got to make sure that we are able to distinguish between peaceful protesters who may have some legitimate grievances and maybe long-standing grievances, and those who are using this tragic death as an excuse to engage in criminal behavior," he said.

"I have to be very careful about not prejudging these events before investigations are completed because ... the DOJ works for me," Obama said, referring to the Justice Department. "When they're conducting an investigation, I've got to make sure that I don't look like I'm putting my thumb on the scales one way or the other."

"There is never an excuse for violence against police or for those who would use this tragedy as a cover for vandalism or looting. There is also no excuse for police to use excessive force against peaceful protests or to throw protesters in jail for lawfully exercising their First Amendment rights. Here in the United States of America, police should not bullying or arresting journalists who are trying to do their jobs and report to the American people on what they see on the ground."

"I've said this before, in too many communities around the country, a gulf of mistrust exists between local residents and law enforcement," Obama said. "In too many communities, too many young men of color are left behind and seen only as objects of fear."

17. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Actually Obama took a stand on a couple of issues and we're better for it.

The financial stimulus, despite all the criticism from the right, did save the world economy from a depression. It was a mess that Bush made and he made the tough call needed to clean it up (given credit where it's due, it also did start under Bush, but Obama carried the way despite mounting criticism).

The "Obamacare" is no longer brought up anymore by his detractors because it's actually proven to be popular.

Osama Bin Laden was taken out.

18. rudan

rudan Member