1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 16

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 17, 2014.

1. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Ryan Lindley's the worst NFL QB i've ever seen play

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. Major

Major Member

Why is that stat relevant over the yards he passes for or the efficiency he does it with (which encompasses TDs and INTs)? His TDs and INTs account for less than 10% of his throws. Seems odd to just look at that and ignore everything else.

And yet his statistics are right there with all the elite QBs. And in each of the last 3 years, he's carried crappy teams to wins and playoffs like elite QBs do. He has some kind of record number of 4th quarter comebacks - a "clutch" factor often associated with elite QBs. In what way is he not elite? TD/INT ratio?

Lots of QBs suck for a 3 or 4 game stretch. People were openly talking about if Brady was done after 4 games this year. Again, why do these last 3 games matter more than the other 12? They won the first two and today's had no meaning at all for the Colts. They are the 3 or 4 seed no matter what, and there's no real difference there. Either way, they get a WC team in the first round, and have to go through NE and Denver in either order after that.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why would I look at TD-INT ratio? Because it's a pretty important stat. It's the QBRating stat that is flawed. He throws a lot of TDs, but that's brought down by his high turnover rate (which doesnt even take into account fumbles).

But if you do want to look at efficiency, this is the fist year he's been in the top 10, and he's not too far ahead of 14th best. The truly elite at or above 100 this year.

He's never been in the top 10 in completion percentage either.

When you look at the elite QBs, it's obvious statistically. Luck isn't there yet.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hmmmm, is it me or does Denver just not look like SB contenders?

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

From the AFC, I think you can pencil the Pats into the Super Bowl. I don't see another Baltimore Ravens this year that can go up there and play the nasty physical style and beat them.

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Agreed. Steelers is my darkhorse pick.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Steelers are the only team I can see winning at NE in the playoffs.

10. buffalobills!!!

I'll be shocked if the Super Bowl is not Seattle vs New England (ew)

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Peyton interception (x4). BALL.GAME

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>And so the road to the Super Bowl goes through New England. Officially.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/547251807119216642">December 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

I dont think he controlled it going out of bounds.

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

**** you Manning. That is all.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Its funny how it was called no int, then it was changed on the field, then the replay shows clearly he didnt control the ball as he went out of bounds. I have no dog in the hunt but just goes to show even with replay the officials still cant get it right. Have I mentioned I HATE REFS?

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Pittsburgh will be tough with Bell and Brown.