1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] Call of Duty World Reveal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CheezeyBoy22, May 1, 2012.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't see this posted yet, but I saw that they are going to release the trailer tonight on TNT.

I'm assuming it's going to be based off of Black Ops.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

more zombie maps, please :)

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's Call of Duty: Black Ops 2; I'm already over it.

4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Go on...

5. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Any information?

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

treyarch, no thanks

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The first Black Ops was really good (the campaign, I didn't touch the multiplayer).

As for info about the game; no I don't have any right now other than the name. There were rumors that parts of the game would take place in a near future setting. Beyond that I'd expect more of the same.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

9. JamesC

JamesC Member

Cant wait for the reveal. I still like Black Ops much better than MW3.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Annual COD game....pass.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

[​IMG]

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/01/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-what-we-know-thus-far/

#11 seclusion, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

saw some bits of it - seems pretty cool but not into those type of games myself anymore

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Black Ops was much better than MW3...looking forward to this.

14. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Especially if you're on PS3. They seem to never be able to make a game without frame rate issues.

However, I might pick it up on Xbox. I've never really had any issues with the Treyarch COD's on that platform.

15. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Can somebody hip me to how many C.O.D. games there are? Ive played modern warfare world at war but is there modern warfare 1 2 and 3? Also the black ops is that different as well?

16. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

all i want to know is if there is going to be zombies!

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Call of Duty
    Call of Duty 2
    Call of Duty 3: Big Red One
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
    Call of Duty: World at War
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Then there are a few Wii only versions / phone versions that I'm not including...those are the main ones though.

1/2 were made by the original developer/creator, and set in WW2 (Infinity Ward).
    3 was made by Treyarch, also set in WW2, and utterly terrible.

MW1/2 were made by Infinity Ward, then half the company left and formed Respawn Entertainment. They have an ongoing lawsuit with Activision.

World at War was also made by Treyarch (I thought it sucked).
    Black Ops was made by Treyarch, and is the first game in the series I felt they did correctly. Very good game.

MW3 was made by a collaboration of the remnants of Infinity Ward/Treyarch/Sledgehammer.

Black Ops 2 will again be Treyarch.

1 person likes this.
  18. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I thought black ops was ok on everything except multiplayer and sound. The snipers sounded like a pop gun in a mason jar. Zombies was fun, but I didn't like having to talk all the time and spend two to three hours per round.

19. gezza

gezza Member

I bought the PC version of Black Ops and the multiplayer was completely unplayable on my machine and there were a ton of similar complaints on the steam and Treyarch forums. I worked in an office and convinced about 6-7 mates to buy it so we could play together during lunch hours. The game was unplayable (or near unplayable) for everyone. We gave Treyarch the benefit of the doubt since it was such a popular game on launch so issues were expected. But after 3 weeks the issue still wasn't fixed and everyone moved onto other games. I felt really bad cause I basically made my friends waste $90 (crazy Australian prices).

I'm not really sure happened. MW1, MW2, even the latest MW3 runs perfectly on my machine and it's not like Black Ops looked especially awesome.

I know a lot of people obviously didn't have problems but there were enough complaints on the forums to suggest that Treyarch knew about this issue and released it anyway. But hey...it was only the PC version right?

So I never really got to play Black Ops. Loved MW2. MW3 is OK but I think the maps are not as good as the MW2 maps. Gonna pass on Black Ops 2 cause I'm still kinda mad about the first one :mad:

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm all over this. I bought battlefield 3 and never played it because it asked for email and password. Mw3 was just too stupid and didn't have the patience for it. Plus the dumb b**** ain't got no zombies on it. Its like Pamela Anderson without t***.