1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons: Carlisle and Cuban view me as a star and a franchise-max player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I find this interesting, how Carlisle/Cuban and Morey have different views about Parsons.

Is it a matter of the two teams having different views about his skill set or just different views on how he would fit in with each team? Parsons is used mostly in a support role on the Rockets next to Harden and Howard-- spot up shooting, cut to the basket, dribble attack on close-outs-- glue guys stuff. Maybe the Mavs have different ideas on how to make use of him?

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Reminds me of how the Rockets thought of Ariza when we got him...have fun with that Dallas!

3. haydenfisher342

forgive parsons but you barley made it into the NBA and the Rockets made your dream come true. Dont forget where you come from, stay humble at least.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Well the Mavs have an actual coach and not a parrot implementing the GM's philosophy that coaching doesn't matter.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What does that make Batum then?

Superstar?

But I do think Parsons will be a better overall player in Dallas.

They have a coach they will instill discipline in him and we will once again see him play defense.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Chandler can at least dribble the basketball without looking like he has special needs. He's got more well-rounded ball skills and I think Carlisle knows how to creatively use him.

Also, maybe Lin's fans are not the only ones who thinks Harden gets sticky with the ball too much. Well see how this "bigger role" thing works out for Parsons... and maybe Lin, too.

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

EL OH EL ...

Parsons is in for a rude awakening.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I think Parsons is better than a normal role player for sure. His play making ability is actually underrated. He's basically a super role player. Something more along the lines of what Hedo Turkoglu was in 09 than what Ariza is.

That being said, I don't necessarily think he has what it takes to be a primary facilitator when there isn't a Dwight Howard type to draw attention in the middle.

I hope to not be wrong on that.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And he can go left, pass the ball to teamates, and shoot around 50% from the field at the age of 25.

The Mavs will be happy, the Rox will rue the day.

:)

DD

10. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

I like Parsons. But I don't think he's that much better that what he showed last season. He'll still be the 3rd option in Dallas behind two players (Dirk/Ellis) like he was behind Harden and Dwight in Houston. Though it'll definitely help having a more competent coach in Carlisle who actually has a strategy for incorporating players into an offense. So we'll see.

11. munco

munco Member

Will be interesting to see how he does under Carlisle.

Wish Morey would just admit that he's wrong about coaching and fire McHale already. Is it arrogance? Does he still hold the same beliefs on coaching?

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

HOF, first ballot.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

For one, telling Parsons that he's a star, will have a huge role, etc... is part of the hard sell on him. Plus they want the guy to feel good and confident coming to a new team and city.

But yes, they'll use him differently, probably better. You'll see a better defender and a player that understands when to attack better. He's going to be really good under Carlisle. Not $16mil good, but damn good. I'm thinking he has a significantly better season than Kawhi Leonard.

They just need to find a way to keep Ellis out of his way.

14. vernonmaxwell11

haha, that's ridiculous. parsons a priority? please, he's third option on a mediocre team at best. i can't stand this attitude that he's the ****. no idea where it came from. i'm going to keep ranting as long as i keep reading this parsons garbage. he sucked in the playoffs when it counted. suck it up to inexperience, fine. but don't expect us to offer fair value. i think everyone in the nab would agree that parsons got a rich contract. this doesn't mean he won't eventually live up to it...even then i have serious doubts he would ever be worth that in his career.

15. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather have a guy on the team that wants to be "the guy" than a player collecting a check. We'll see in 2 years.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The have a view about how old Dirk is, and who else are they going to lean on on that roster?

Big fish in a small pond.

Now, Parsons, welcome to being guarded like a first option not a third option. Growing pains coming your way! Let's see how many 30-point games you put up this season.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Well the jokes' on Dallas.

Chandler is a decent player, but when he tried to do too much here I wanted him to do less.

Bye parsons. Can't say I'll miss you because I won't. Was so thrilled Morey didn't match.

18. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I think Parsons can take his game to another level and live up to that contract. I would much rather see him grow as a player on a team not named the mavs.

19. arjun

arjun Member

Nba dish please.

20. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

cant agree with this anymore.