1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis vs. Stephon Marbury (I prefer the latter)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djunior, Nov 23, 2003.

1. djunior

djunior Member

Are you folks willing to trade Steve Francis for Starbury? The 2 have very similar stats. But of course Starbury is a much better & smarter passer than Francis. He's a true point guard. He often penetrates the defense & dishes out assists for easy dunks. He brings leadership to the team, knows how to setup teammates or does something which leads to other things, good things. I think that's what the Rockets need. This guy has unbelievable court vision.

With those being said, Stevie is also a great player, like Tom Tolbert had said, but he's not a point guard. I wonder if there's a possible trade between Houston & Phoenix.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

NO, just NO

3. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

yeah, but only if they trade amare for yao :rolleyes:

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm quite sure that the Suns rate Marbury higher than Francis. They are not likely to trade him.

5. lalala902102001

You listen to what Tooolbert has to say? :rolleyes:

I admit that Steve may not be as good a PG as Marbury. But as a basketball player, Steve is better.

We are not trading Steve any time soon.

I have always said that what we need to do is to bring in a true point guard, move steve to two, and move Cat to the bench.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

If Stephon is better, why would the Suns trade him? Yeah, that's right, you need to think this stuff out junior.

7. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

At this point I would trade SF plus a 1st rounder for Starbury. SF just doesn't have what it takes to make his teamates better like Starbury. He may be a punk but I'll doubt that we care about that if it gets us to the promiseland again.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

man....not another one of these.... pointless....atleast I can rate it a 1. Thank you Rate Option.

9. SLA

SLA Member

They are both good guards...they are about equal..sometimes good..sometimes bad. They have their strengths and weaknesses..well actually..I don't know what Marbury is bad at..he can't dunk. That's all. They won't trade Marbury and we aren't gonna trade Steve.

10. djunior

djunior Member

Tom Tolbert did have a point about the situation in Houston. The Rockets' ball execution really sucks and the one who controls the ball in the backcourt has not done the job well enough for the Rockets to beat quality team.

11. theguent

theguent Member

a) Tom Tolbert probably had not watched a Rockets game all year long. Last year the ball movement was horrible, and you can thank Rudy for a great portion of that. Never listen to Tom Tolbert. Even Bill Walton will tell you that, and that's saying something.

b) his execution was obviously good enough to beat Stephon's team (see Rockets box score from 11/14 for details).

And finally- look, you must be relatiely new here, otherwise you would know that someone always has the fix all trade idea every time Steve or Cat has a bad game. He had a bad shooting night. It happens. Live with it. It may have even happened to Marbury once or twice.

12. NickC19

NickC19 Member

Marbury can dunk.

-Nick-

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

How does this thread have 2 stars?

14. Asspirin

Asspirin Member

I don't understand the rating system.
    Is it based on a ratio of replies to views?

15. CRC

CRC Member

16. theguent

theguent Member

Thanks CRC, I just gave this thread a 1.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

maybe we can also trade for payton and kidd while we're at it and maybe lebron too

18. kobo

kobo Member

I'm sure you can find a team that wants Francis as their point guard, but not a team that already has a better one like Stephon. Do you think Francis and Stephon are equal valued as a point guard? I just think not. Of course, Francis can play the two, but he will be a no-name two in the league, not 'Franchise' since there are so many better two guards out there.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet the Suns weren't able to be beat the Rockets.

Steve always gets the better of Marbury just like the game this season.

Marbury has severe ego problems and feels slighted by Steve being the starting PG last year. Ever since then Marbury puts himself and his own glory ahead of the team's. Steve, however, is smart enough not to play that game. That's why you see Houston with such a dominating record of Marbury's Suns lately. Steve is clearly the better, more team oriented player, and I would rather have him on my team any day.

Steve's defense on Marbury the second half of that Suns game was beautiful, and that's another area in which Steve is clearly better for our team than Stephon.

Djunior, You don't like 2/5 of our starting rotation for sure. You don't like Mo Taylor our sixth man, why are you watching this team?

20. forebay

forebay Member

Djunior v.s. Trolls

(I prefer the latter)