1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Imagine how pretty the Rockets would be sittin' if they somehow managed to get Jermaine Oneal instead of Cato in the Pippen deal. I can't remember the details or the salaries involved, but I wonder if that ever came up as a serious option. At the time Cato was averaging 12.7 minutes per game and 3.5 points (43 games) and Oneal was averaging 8.6 minutes per game and 2.5 points (36 games). Neither one had any value to Portland as far as I remember.

2. Nomar

Nomar Member

Scratch that. We coulda gotten Rasheed Wallace if Pippen wasnt such a jackass. Imagine that.

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Rasheed and Franchise??? Do you know how many T's we'd get? We'd probably average 3 or 4 a game. [​IMG]

Techs or not, I wouldn't mind having him instead of the Bomb.

------------------

4. Glyde22

Glyde22 Contributing Member

I know what you mean. I get sick every time I see Jermaine O'neal highlites. Some say he isn't a true center but he'll be an All-star in couple years. He had 20 boards today and 30 points the last game of the season. He dropped a spin move on Mihm of the Cavs that looked like one of Dreams. He has better hands, footwork and scoring touch than Cato will ever have and is eager to improve. Oh well file him in the "should have could have" category with Rasard Lewis.

------------------