1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 6 - Kobe Fouls

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Jun 3, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I counted 3 fouls on Kobe by half time

Didn't he foul Pip on the lay up in the 2nd
    then in the 3rd he only had one foul

He became a HackaRoid in the 4th [or at least
    they called them ]

By the end of the 1st quarter . . i knew kobe
    would not come NEAR fouling out. . .

Game 7 will be worse.

Rocket River

------------------

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I am soooo scared of the refs in this Game 7. The NBA has already been screwed by Indiana making the Finals, so look for them to do everything possible to ensure a Laker victory. I see Sabonis getting 2 quick ones in the opening minutes of the first quarter. Trust me on that. Bryant will get a whistle every time he is breathed on, you can take that to the bank as well. This could be a very frustrating game for the Blazer fans. Remember when Hakeem fouled out in the 3rd quarter of the '96 first round matchup of the Rockets and the Lakers? That was when Magic made his comeback, and the Rockets were already up 1-0 on the Lakers homecourt. We still almost won the 2nd game, even though the refs fouled Hakeem out in the 3rd quarter. Think Jordan or Bryant would ever foul out in the 3rd quarter?

------------------
    "Yes, I came from the 80s...but I didn't kill anybody. Give me a break."

-Mike Tramp, former lead singer of White Lion

3. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

TheFreak,

You fear tainted officiating. Is it the NBA or Pro wrestling that you are talking about?

[​IMG]

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.

Donate Blood!

4. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I am going to be rooting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard for the Blazers tomorrow. That way, I can sit back and read all the excuses as to how and why the big market team didn't get in. The theories will be endless. The excuses will be fun. The explanations will be even better.

Now, if the Lakers win, I still don't believe in the NBC syndrome that prevails here. I don't watch the X-Files.
    ------------------
    Live Rocketball. Breathe Rocketball. Die with Rocketball.

[This message has been edited by Almu (edited June 03, 2000).]

5. TheFreak

Almu -- good to hear you'll be rooting for Portland.

------------------

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Funny TheFreak says that -- look at <a href="http://www.nydailynews.com/today/Metro_Sports/Basketball/a-68827.asp">Mitch Lawrence's comments</a> this morning:

3. Sabonis Gets Into Foul Trouble: No problem here. After he played all but three minutes Friday, and picking up only three fouls along the way, arrangements have been made for Sabonis to get his first two personals as he walks from the team bus into Staples Center.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

7. TheFreak

Looks like the refs could really be under a microscope today. Portland's already worried about it (from today's LA Times):

This being a Game 7 between a major-market team and a small-market team, two familiar words are already being pondered by the small-market guys.
    Conspiracy Theory.
    Damon Stoudamire, Trail Blazer guard, acknowledged that the idea has crossed his mind.
    "It's something you think about, sure," he said. "I mean, [the NBA] has already got one small-market team in the finals [Indiana]. Maybe in the back of their minds, they don't want another small-market team."
    He shrugged.
    "But the way we have to look at it is, we have to take it out of anybody else's hands," he said. "If we do what we can do, then that will take the outcome away from anybody else."
    Forward Brian Grant agreed.
    "If it comes down to a bunch of bull calls, then that's where the NBA is right now," he said. "But I believe a lot in the integrity of this league and its referees. And I believe they they will let the players decide."

------------------

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Freak- sadly enough, that was right on the money. Down 4, season on the line, Smith hammered by Shaq. Not only was it not a flagrant, there was no call at all. One of what seemed like hundreds of similar incidents in that game. Anyway, put up the asterick!

------------------

9. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Ahem . . . it's "asterisk."

If you're going to use the word in every post, you might as well bother to spell it right. Or did those paid-off NBA refs steal your dictionary, too? [​IMG]

------------------

10. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Maybe Wrestling has more honorable officials.

[​IMG]

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.

Donate Blood!