1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you think will win the 2012 Presidential Election?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Nov 1, 2011.

Tags:
?

1. Republican

20 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. Democrat

47 vote(s)
    70.1%
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Simplifying ArtV's thread
    _____

Democrat

-or-

Republican

2. KingCheetah

Any 'whys' as to the way you voted?

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

First, I'm a Democrat. Second, Mister Obama has done a decent job, given the almost total obstructionism of the Republican Party in Congress. Third, the Republican Party has fallen into the hands of a minority, radical fundamentalists, who, along with Corporate America, make this a GOP that I don't recognize. Reagan would be horrified to see what has become of the party he once led.

1 person likes this.
  4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

5. KingCheetah

6. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow!!! What a big surprise the Democrat is winning a poll against a Republican on a 90 +% liberal forum. I would have never of guessed. This is truly shocking!!!

7. AXG

AXG Member

I lean Republican but I think Obama will win

8. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Are you distraught brother?

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

90+% liberal? Great. It shows this board isn't filled with a bunch of idiots. Anyone who follows the GOP's constant need to oppose anything the Democratic party does, knows how ****ed up their ever-changing policies are.

They are willing to destroy American jobs just to spite the liberals. Let's not forget they supported this very same policy before. Do you get the trend?

10. Major

Major Member

11. KingCheetah

We had an official poll on this before and the forum is slightly more conservative as I recall.

12. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

It goes both ways. Democrats adamantly oppose anything the Republicans initiate. 2-party system, get used to it.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I vote Republican, not because I agree with the party but I see it as the lesser of two evils. Neither candidate will be someone I trust, considering Obama and most the front runners for the GOP don't have a consistent platform.

Anyways it just depends what Obama can do to try and raise his popularity in the upcoming months, the withdrawal from Iraq is great, first thing I've agreed with he's done... I glanced over the NY Times article in the other thread though and I now stand at I will believe when I see it.

Sad thing about voters is they are like the majority of Texans when it comes to college football. Yes you may have around 40% Republicans and 40% Democrats it depends on what the other 20% thinks is the popular decision. Although maybe 10% of that 20% is an educated voter who looks past party politics, the rest of it is just like the bandwagon A&M or UT fan for whatever team is doing better that given year.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Duh.

It's the EXTENT of Republican obstructionism that has taken things to a new level. It's why Ray LaHood ripped his own party so bad.

His own words:

“I’ve been in Washington 35 years… and I’ve never seen a time when people have put their own personal political feelings over how we can get the economy moving,” LaHood told Newsweek and The Daily Beast in a wide-ranging interview.

“The crowd that was elected the last time not only came here to do nothing, they also came to put down the president,” he says. “And the way to put him down is not to give him any kind of opportunity to be successful.”

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Obama has no competition next year.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually it doesn't go both ways. They have shown how much more the Republican congress has been obstructionist than any other congress in our nation's history.

You can check the record on how many times they've upheld appointments etc.

Here are just some of the links.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/01/gop-filibuster-record-rep_n_480722.html

http://thinkprogress.org/romm/2010/12/22/207229/obstruction-mcconnell-democrats/

There is way more obstruction from congress by one side than they other, and it's historical, and easily provable.

17. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Poor example -- LaHood serves in Obama's cabinet, traveled around the country touting the stimulus package 2 years ago, and was one of only 3 "Republicans" who refused to sign the Gingrich "Contract w/ America." He's long been considered a moderate, and has been ripped extensively by his Republican "colleagues" & former constituents in Illinois.

18. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

well if the election results is done before 12/21/12, there will be a winner.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

D and D is historically very left leaning; this is not a random sample. Don't underestimate the advantages of incumbency, BUT, Obama is a one termer. Unfortunately, I doubt Romney will be much better unless he assembles a "killer" team. I have worked behind the scenes in government, it is the team behind the scenes that succeeds or fails. The public figures say what the team gives them to say. The team writes the speeches, sets up the schedules, makes the policy. Team Obama turned out to a bunch of dufuses.

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

^^^ this **** just makes me laugh!