1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] MVP Sergio Llull and his future with the Houston Rockets (w/ video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

@3:40 I noticed his drink of choice during timeouts is Red Bull, so I'll just say it now.

Sergio "The Bull" Llull.

My condolences to Matt Bullard.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah, he looks very impressive. I too was under the impression that he was a 2-guard, but from that video, it's clear that he can play both; actually he even looks like more of a PG than Dragic does. Obviously he's gonna want an opportunity to win a starting job, and it's hard for me to see that happening while Lowry's here. Quite a quandry.

Thanks Clutch!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Thanks Clutch.

But finish out his contract? UGH !!

He would be like 26 or 27 years old by then, and will still have to adjust to the NBA game.

Sigh -- patience for this rebuiling/not rebuilding has waned considerably.

DD

5. Pete the Cheat

his stroke from 3 looks a lot like Kyle's...

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I want this guy in a Rockets uniform next season. I hope he doesn't end up finishing his contract.

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Well maybe we can use him as trade bait ?

8. Nero

Nero Member

Is he left-handed?

If he's not, then his affinity for moving right then stopping for the 3 is unusual, most right-handed players are more naturally oriented to moving left then stopping for that shot.

I don't know if that is an issue, but it could always play in the Rockets favor to have a good shooter who moves unconventionally.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thrree thrree thrree thrree thrree thrree thrree three para Yuy!!!!!!!!

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Sigh!!!

I wish they could bring him over next season. Specially given our PG situation heading into the summer.

Goran Dragic and Jonny Flynn are both unrestricted FA this upcoming summer, and both aren't likely to come back. Specially Dragic, who will have teams that can offer him a starting spot and more money then what the rockets would willing to offer him. So Next year would be perfect time for Llull to come over!

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great article and video, Clutch. I've been high on the guy a long time, but damn! He appears to have improved every aspect of his game, a lot more than I expected. That was a high pressure game and Llull really stepped up. As Clyde would say, I like it! We have to do whatever we can to get Sergio over here!

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Scola took little time to transition to the NBA, and he was 28 when he got here.

Same for Rubio.

I don't see why he can't make an immediate impact.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Hands off DD! You can root for him in silence, but anything on here counts as a formal jinx. Don't shoot him down before takeoff! Let's give the man a chance.

14. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

I think it's funny that "three" is the only thing they don't translate. Bullard needs to use this.

15. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

He reminds me a lot of Nash.

16. skyline07

skyline07 Member

omg dd is back where have you been....no one to reverse jinx games

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Llull is way more athletic and isn't that finesse playmaker that always looks to dish it. He's a kick and drive guy who looks to score first.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Honestly, if he was traded this summer to a team like the Lakers, I bet he would be over here in a heart beat. With the Rockets, its just not worth it for both parties to grind out a nasty contract buyout situation. With another team that wants to make him their PG of the future, it just might be worth it.

The timing of his MVP success couldn't be better given the trade deadline is a mere 2 weeks away. Lowry is still the Rockets PG of the future and they are hoping he will conjure up enough interest to be the catalyst in a deal coming up here in a few weeks.

19. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

to me he looks a lot like Rubio. Similar dribbling style and headfakes etc

20. psingh34

psingh34 Member

sergio is great but can we see if we can get their play by play guy to be bill worrels successor?