1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Amel, May 28, 2015.

1. MD_in_Training

Fred Hoiberg is the new Steve Kerr.

2. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

All teams lose their franchise player for 3 consecutive seasons after coming within a series of winning a title?

3. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Sorry mean to say series from going to the finals

4. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Bulls should explore trading Noah, I just don't see how he really fits with Gasol.

Mirotic is too good to be playing under 20 minutes a game.

A Mirotic-Gasol-Gibson front court makes a lot more sense.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i wonder if thibs has a chance at the pelicans or timberwolves jobs. i would rather not have him turn a young athletic team into a defensive beast in the western conference.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bulls officials expect to name Fred Hoiberg as head coach, barring any unforeseen snags, source says. <a href="http://t.co/BB1Gfv8iwT">http://t.co/BB1Gfv8iwT</a></p>&mdash; Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) <a href="https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/604453020802420736">May 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. malakas

malakas Member

Someone has to go. It cant be pau aftr he signed for such a discount. It cant be miro with him being young cheao and wuth potential. So its between noah and taj.
    but both niko and pau are bad defenders.
    Noah right now has terrible value. He may not even pass the other teams physical.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What is that supposed to mean?

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Ummm he inherits a great team.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Great team? Which one?

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

If he was so great he wouldnt have lost the locker room. Thibs is a great X and Os coach but in todays NBA you cant have a guy who will demand strenuous workouts and practices from hell, just look at the way he ran Luol Deng and Joakim Noah to the ground and tell me how thats a good coach.

DMorey gets a lot of flak for treating players like assets, but assets get proctected and taken care of. Thibs treats players like disposable pawns, as if you can get guys like Noah and Deng just by walking out to the street.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

One of the best coaches in the league. Not an assistant. Bring him back to Houston as the HC!

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thibodeau-Pelicans update: both parties r showing interest in each other, I'm now told. Not 2 say coaching job is his, but things hv changed</p>&mdash; Peter Vecsey (@PeterVecsey1) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1/status/604668248660045824">May 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You don't when up 25+ points with 5 mins left. That is indefensible. You put in Nazr Mohammed and 4 smalls (or just 5 smalls).

Nobody has condoned how the Bulls handled this. That isn't even a point of discussion. Thibs made some mistakes in Chicago and suffered a severe backlash for it. If he doesn't improve his relationship skills with players and management, history will repeat itself at his next job.

IMO, the Bulls actually did Thibs a favor because they made him a martyr and that's what most people are talking about.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

On offense, Thibs is anything but a "great X and Os coach".

Thibs is an effort coach in that he squeezes every ounce of juice out of his players. That is his strength (and weakness).

16. malakas

malakas Member

No coach is perfect for sure. But a lot of the " thibs causes injuries to his players by overplaying them" is because of the bulls fo campaign. I mean now u are talking about playing noah 5 minutes more. Sure no perfect but it would not have been such a big deal. Its just five minutes. If another coach had done it noone would care.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Im glad the pelicans are now interested in thibs.

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Now it's inevitable that the Bulls bring in Royce White.

This is gonna be good.

[​IMG]

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No. Correction: I mentioned one instance. There have been many others observed and obviously a boatload more I haven't seen since I don't watch the Bulls often nowadays.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Thibs is at fault here. The Bulls FO handled this very poorly but I can't blame them for firing him.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fred Hoiberg will be in Chicago today to finalize a deal to coach the Bulls, a source told <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSports">@CBSSports</a>. Press conference likely tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Gary Parrish (@GaryParrishCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/status/605380883126886400">June 1, 2015</a></blockquote>