1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon [Probationary Watching Edition]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I'm guessing he is more of a Kimmel fan.

[​IMG]

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Not even. :eek: I like Fallon. I think he's funny. I think he's a good choice for the Tonight Show. I will watch his show.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm in the camp of great skits, pretty blah and sometimes horrible otherwise. I also hate the aw shucks moments... Which never seem to end.

Ferguson is the best, IMO, at the non-skits part. Kimmel is the best at the skits part though Fallon is great there. Conan is solid at everything but no longer spectacular at anything.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I prefer Kimmel. I think Fallon is too reliant on social media fans, and just mentioning social reference rather than having a bit attached to them. Kimmel is more polished and has more jokes per show.

5. SwoLy-D

I don't care about skits. Leave that to SNL and those other shows. Have the audience and guests engaged.

I think Ferguson is very witty, but if I had a choice to watch one for the rest of my life, I would prefer David Letterman. I'm used to older talk. :cool:

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Meyers was saved by Poehler last night and a solid musical guest...I'm surprised no one told him his monologue can't just be delivered like "Weekend Update" on SNL. He has to get more comfortable looking around and engaging the audience.

And the set annoyed me for some reason lol...both new sets < old sets

#86 RV6, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The monologue for Meyers was cringeworthy both in terms of jokes and timing. The interviews were g

8. SwoLy-D

LOL! :grin:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/xl7Bb3LQ5sg?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/xl7Bb3LQ5sg?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Fred Armisen didn't really have a lot of interaction with Meyers and the band has no personality.....Meyers is going to need a sidekick or something to help him out. Fallon has that and the majority of The Roots are entertaining on their own also.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

no, howards main beef with leno was leno hiring or stealing stuttering john and not telling howard about it. they were "good friends" and that was a snake move on jays part.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Craig Ferguson owns all...
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k11n5wvtKe8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Glad to see that even he thought the thank you notes was absolutely terrible.

I hate that man (not really - he's brilliant). He gets away with all of the sexual innuendo thanks to that damned accent. b****es love accents.

13. cebu

cebu Member

this is pretty funny... cracks me up like a KID.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5B2PwYr8pT4?list=UU8-Th83bH_thdKZDJCrn88g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Is that really the reason ? So people watch Colbert because he shows the the absurdity of Trumpy. And the people that like Trump won’t watch Fallon because EVERYTHING in showbiz is ultra liberal. So Fallon has no viewers lol

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

All I know is that since Colbert dropped the nice guy/ neutral act and reverted to his edgy style his ratings have soared.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I didn’t mean that sound sarcastic btw. Just trying to be funny

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I bet that corny fat chinned hack would pull yuge ratings for NBC right now.

19. body slam

body slam Member

If I make it past the 10 o'clock news and still awake . I prefer Fallon because the show is not over the top political. To me Colbert has become the same joke different night.