1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Vince Carter,Grant Hill,Rasheed Wallace,Tracy Mcgrady and Allen Iverson deserve to be HOF

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Fefo

Fefo Member

being popular dosent make you good. His international resume brings nothing to the table. He is not a Hof ( maybe would have been if not for injuries).
    Only Iverson deserves the spot.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Interesting question. He is the anti-McGrady. A 7 ppg role player who was always in the right place at the right time.

McGrady, on the other hand, was running up and down the court for 30 points and 8 assists consistently in the playoffs with Ryan Bowen hanging on one leg and Rafer Alston hanging on the other.

I've never understood why some guys make it in the hall and others don't. Personally, I wouldn't include either.

3. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Nope, that's where you're wrong. The Hall of Fame considers not only on court contributions, but also overall contributions made to basketball. This is where non-US players hold the edge because it is much easier to make it into other national teams than it is to make it to the US national team. International play is a major factor to be considered for induction into the Hall of Fame.

Don't believe me? Look up the inductees of the Hall of Fame. You might see a certain Vlade Divac there, amongst many other players who you may not believe are deserving of a place because of their less than stellar performances in the NBA. Yao more than deserves a place in the HOF for his overall contributions to basketball - sporting icon in China and Asia, bringing basketball and the NBA to that part of the world, Olympic flagbearer and China national team mainstay, dominant centre in the NBA, etc.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

None of them!

5. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Def Iverson, Tmac so close but no, others def not. I didn't really watch college ball so i can't judge from that.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Which group is more deserving of the Hall of Fame, especially amongst the guards and forwards? I would like to know why...

Allen Iverson
    Tracy McGrady
    Vince Carter
    Grant Hill
    Rasheed Wallace

vs.

Reggie Miller
    Jamaal Wilkes
    Chet Walker
    Gail Goodrich
    Chris Mullin
    Gus Johnson

7. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

AI yes, the others no.

8. spysta

spysta Member

Reggie Miller deserves his spot in the hall more than anyone in that top list, Iverson deserves a spot and Grant Hill has an outside chance doesnt really deserve it but wouldnt be mad if he got in.

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

All I have to say is at what point in Reggie Miller's career where he was better than Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, and if weren't for injuries I would throw in Grant Hill. There's no way I would've taken Miller over any of the player I just listed, if I was starting a team or drafting players.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL most of the people here discussing the HOF don't know what the HOF is. The HOF isn't just reserved for the "absolute best" bball player, just take a look at the list it includes people like women's lady team owners and other rich people alongside true HOF guys like Bill Russell. What this means to me is that NBA players with a lot of personality or identity need to make it into the hall. Grant Hill and Wallace probably have no shot but I wouldn't be surprised if Carter and Tmac eventually make it in on the basis of their popularity as NBA superstars.

BTW Iverson is already an auto include due to the points system all MVPs are pretty much guaranteed a spot in the hall.

11. ThaShark316_28

All 5 will get in. They better.

I saw Adrian Dantley get in, got dammit.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Yao's already been nominated and asked to be deferred to a later year.

he is an almost guaranteed lock.