1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Debate: Should he be in the HOF thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Voice of Aus, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Moving on from the deadline it's now time to talk about pointless topics again.

I was watching the heat vs thunder game and it got me thinking about this, Lebron and wade are both guareenteed HOF'ers.

But what about bosh? Should he be inducted?

Post your players down below

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

He's still somewhat borderline I guess but yes, by the time he retires he will be a clearcut case.

Penny Hardaway.

3. basketballholic

Unfortunately probably not. We were robbed of Hardaway's greatness because of his injuries. But injuries do play a big role in the makings of a hall-of-famer.

If Penny had stayed healthy there's no telling what he would have done in the league during his career. I thought at one time early in his career that he would be in the argument with Magic Johnson as greatest PG of all time when he retired. He was that good.

Walter Davis

4. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Who?

Rasheed Wallace. Current holder of number of technical fouls!

5. Voice of Aus

Sheeds performance should get him in, I was dead set scared of him just watching him, he has a chip and deserved all of his Accolades.

I'll stick with my current PF Fettish

Does pau gasol get in?

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Pau Gasol, easily. He will make it on international achievements.

Ben Wallace.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Pau Gasol is a no-brainer. People forget before LA, he was clearly the best player on Memphis teams that made the playoffs in the West. being the 2nd best player on multiple champs is no minor accomplishment. The Basketball HOF is not nearly as tough to get in as people think.

Bosh is too. He could have easily been the best player on really good teams, just not title contenders.

Being one of the big dogs on champions carries major weight, Dennis Johnson and Joe Dumars being the biggest examples.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If James Worthy can make it, Pau deserves to be there

10. Voice of Aus

I asked pau because isn't his circumstance the same as Bosh's, both started off no.1 options on their previous team then had to defer and won multiple chips.

If Chris Paul retired without getting a chip or making it with the clips to the finals?

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Assuming he continues at this level for a few more years, yes. CP3 is an elite NBA player, and has been for almost a decade, he's on a different level than Bosh and Pau.

12. Voice of Aus

Next up, I had a rant about this a couple of weeks ago, anouther like bosh situation no.3 option on a championship team

MANU?

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Manu: Yes; his work on the international level should put him over the top
    Pau: Yes; same as above
    Yao: Yes; He was a monster when he played in China, became an international icon, etc.
    Penny: No; He has a couple of brilliant seasons but he didn't excel long enough to be considered as a "He was great for a couple of seasons but was still good for X amount of years" like Grant Hill
    Paul: I think he would get in if he retired today just because he's been a top 2 point guard throughout his career
    Rasheed: No; his play might be memorable but his stats don't add up. This might sound contradicting because Yao didn't have the "longevity" stats but Yao had a more cultural and global impact than Sheed

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

People should take a look at the HoF before discussing. Judging by other players that are in, there's no question that CP3, Manu, Pau, Wade, Bosh, etc. will be inducted.

15. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Rudy Tomjanovich?

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Absolutely. Dude had a knack for swatting the ball away. DPOY 4 times, led the league in BLKs one year, and REBs the next. All at 6'9''?

Billups, Rip and Rasheed might have been more known, but Wallace was the defensive glue that helped them get to the Finals 2 consecutive years.

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Dwight Howard?

Right now, I think he is a borderline. 3 DPoTY certainly pushes him to HOF status but he needs a championship or more especially since this era is gonna be looked at as "The Death of the Center Postion". Your thoughts?

I think Bosh needs a couple more championships and at least 4 more years of excellent play.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I can't see Ben Wallace making it. His numbers are too pedestrian.

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member