1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey should be fired

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by managerrobert, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. managerrobert

managerrobert Rookie

1. because when Kobe wanted out at the beginning of season Morey would not even considering trade Tmac for him...and for not even considering trading yao for him

2.for thinking Scola is the "answer" at power forward. Ive seen Scolas good games, but Ive also seen Scola tonight against the sixers miss about 4 point blank layups because he is crosseyed

3.for thinking Francis had anything left in the tank. It was clear in New York and Orlando that francis was washed up around 2005

4.for bringing in a non-pg pg in Mike James to replace Alston. I applaud Morey for "trying" to replace Alston, but you do that by bringing in a pg, not a undersized sg like Mike James

5.for taking the ONLY true pg on the team in Aaron Brooks to teh NDBL when Brooks should be starting. Im not saying Brooks is better than Alston now, but he will be the sooner he gets real NBA playing time.

6.for not making a trade now, and if he doesnt on December 15, then he really is a hapless,stoic,harry Potter that needs to go back to boston where he started

7.for thinking his +- system is the basis to judge a player. he has been constantly thinking hayes and battier and alston are great players because of the +-. The reason hayes,battier,alston have a good +- is because they're minutes are when tmac/yao on the floor

8.for bringing in adelman and not bringing in adelman "type" players. he maybe brought a good offense coach,but morey failed to bring in the right players

9. the adelman kings vs. the adelman rockets, the kings had outside shooters bibby,peja,christie,jon barry,chris webber....the rockets have .....ah.....no one. This is related to not bringing in the right players for the system.

10. if Morey wants to keep slow,defense minded players like hayes,battier, then he should have kept the right coach for them which is jvg who likes slow defense minded players. This team now is like if JVG got hired today to be the suns coach. JVG would RUIN the suns. Well, Adelman is the opposite,a offense coach put on a defense team..just like if jvg was put on the suns a defense coach to coach a offense minded team

2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

In a night of bad threads, this one is the worst. Morey is the bright spot in the organization.

3. Fuse

Fuse Member

Are you kidding me?

Morey did what he could and brought together a team that was very good on paper. That's the best that he can do until the team actually plays you know.

Even with such a dismal performance, it really isn't Morey's fault in my eyes.

4. tsunami

tsunami Member

Why not simply forfeit this team from Les Alexander? Les is the final decision maker, not Morey, not coach, or anyone else. As long as Les is the owner, this team has no hope LOL.

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Agreed on your point about Les. The only reason Houston has 2 NBA Championships is because of the greatness that is Hakeem Olajuwon. Drexler helped with the repeat.

How many more championships would have been won had the core role players stayed together instead of shipped away for an aging, inflating Barkley. I dread that trade til this day...Horry was my favorite Rocket.

I wasn't watching the game, but if it's true Tmac showed signs of quitting...ship him out. Just get me players that want to fight on the court when we're down.

6. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

Just wonder what you were thinking when Morey brought those players here. Were you excited? You should start this thread in the summer to show that you are a prophet.

You really shouldn't blame Morey for loss like this. It is totally players' and coaches' fault. Morey has done his job.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Lock this thread or not?

You guys decide. I'm tired of people b****ing about negative threads.

8. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

managerrobert, you talk a lot of non sense throughout the GARM.

With that said, stfu.

9. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

STFU, lock this

10. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

LOCK THIS MUTHA

11. wingz0

wingz0 Member

This thread fails. Lock this please Clutch.

12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I think the ridiculousness of this one demands that it be left open.

13. jogo

jogo Member

This managerrobert is new to me.

This thread is pretty bad.

Morey has really helped us increase our talent from last year. It's not his fault we're playing bad. He's not the coach.

I vote lock big-time.

14. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

This thread is stupid but I think people have rights to express stupid ideas?

15. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

lock it- so pointless

16. managerrobert

managerrobert Rookie

amazing how when you start a thread based on the truth you get demoted to rookie status

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

IBTL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You give idiots a bad name. Stop. Posting.

20. playlife

playlife Member

LOCK!!!!! Morey is the last person we should be b*tching about

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.