1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

free throws and defensive lapses killing the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pooh222, Mar 3, 2001.

1. pooh222

pooh222 Member

The Rockets are down 3 with a little over a minute left, so there still a chance, but if they lose, they have themselves to blame for not executing tonight.

------------------

2. Tom Archer

Tom Archer Contributing Member

You beat me to the punch on this post [​IMG]

Why can't people getting paid this type of money spend some time working on FREE throws?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Tom Archer (edited March 03, 2001).]

3. pooh222

pooh222 Member

The Rockets basically beat themselves tonight. The execution down the stretch absolutly sucked. This loss really hurts. You can't afford to beat yourselves, especially when your clawing for the playoffs like the Rockets are.

------------------

4. Q8 Rocket

Q8 Rocket Member

[​IMG]

just like they did with portland

------------------
    the biggest houston Rockets fan in Q8

5. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

This game would have been sweet had they won, and been the icing on the cake, but you can't be THAT disappointed. They STOLE one at Milwaukee and went 3-1, and competed with the Mavs without Cuttino. Now they have 4 easy games in a row, which they should win, so don't fret.

------------------

6. pooh222

pooh222 Member

But when you're in the Rockets' position, you can't afford to be beating yourselves like they did tonight. This was the Rockets game, but poor free throw shooting, and bad execution cost them. Each loss from now to the end of the season is HUGE, especially if you're on the outside looking in.

------------------

7. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

I expect for them to win them all. [​IMG] As far as the "easy" games those are the ones that I get scared of. [​IMG]

------------------
    Rockets Season
    Ticket Holder

8. tacoma park legend

yea, I expect them to win them all too. If they had loss to Milwaukee and Dallas it would hurt more. I mean, they competed with a very talented team without Mobes, and they didnt even play very well. That says alot about your team, when one of your stars can be out and you dont play well, but still compete.

------------------

9. RockenRam5

RockenRam5 Member

The Techs really hurt us. 3 for the game and the was probably the difference. Hakeem missed two huge ones but I can't complain about him.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] not [​IMG]

------------------
    "GiddyUP!!!"
    Krammer from Seinfeld

10. tacoma park legend

I just dont see how those dumba** refs dont call a double tech. Nash is the one that instigated it all with Mooch, but they T up Mooch just because he spoke up.

------------------

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I agree about the free throws. We make as high a percentage of our free throws as the Mavs and we win.

------------------

12. BOBAF3TT

BOBAF3TT New Member

Mooch is just a hot head, just knew he was gonna get tossed from the game with Franchie.

------------------

13. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Moochie is many things, a hot head is not one of them. If what Moochie did was enough to recieve a technical, then there surely should have been a technical given to Nash, and more importantly, to several other Mavericks players throughout the course of the game.

I did not agree with the referee's use of the technical foul in this game.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

[This message has been edited by Puedlfor (edited March 04, 2001).]