1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'07-08 Rockets or '12-13 Heat: Whose streak is more significant? (prepare to be angry)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Mar 19, 2013.

1. jocar

jocar Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-130318/nba-miami-heat-break-nba-win-streak-record

Unfrickenbelievable. Don't their reasons make the Rockets' streak more significant of a feat? Mf'in ESPN.

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Thanks Obama.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If only Lin handled the ball more ugh...

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Chill out, guys. It's just ESPN being ESPN.

Obviously the Rockets' streak is more "significant." ESPN used the wrong word there.

Heat did it with the best player in the league, one of the top 3 SGs, and one of the top 5 PFs.

Rockets did it with 2 superstars - neither of whom played the entire 22 games, and a bunch of role players.

Even the Chau guy in that snippet said that it was a close WC race, meaning the pressure was on, not only to keep winning for a streak, but also to keep winning for playoff positioning. There's not really a lot of pressure on the Heat to maintain that 1 seed, since they are so far above the competition in the East.

Han: Fluky? The Heat had several close games. Even the commentators had a graphic to show that they barely won against 3 bottom-feeder teams. Most streaks are fluky.

Pina: lolol He's describing what has already happened to the Rockets vs. Miami, who is apparently invincible. If the Heat flame out in the first round, that is the exact situation the Rockets were in. Whose streak is better, then?

Robb: Agreed.

Wallace: I'm not sure why they're comparing the streak to possible playoff success. The two should be considered mutually exclusive.

But again, ESPN is just being ESPN. No love for the Rockets, but they really latch onto the teat of LA, NY, MIA, etc. They even have a "Heat index." smh

6. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Rockets streak was more impressive. But the Heat's streak is more significant. Because it's going to solidify the legacy of that Heat team with the big 3. The streak is something many thought Miami could do with ease, so with them actually doing it, justifies how great that team could be.

1 person likes this.
  7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Heat streak is more "significant", they actually have a great chance at winning the championship again and showing their dominance. The Rockets streak while it was great, didn't mean much, as we were over achieving and really didn't have a good team and things fell our way (ie, star plays on opposing teams not playing)

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think these comments are hard to argue with. The Heat look to be "historically good" and this win streak will be part of their story...a story that will be remembered about a "great team" assuming the go on to win the title.

Our win streak was our title. That was it. There was zero thought to the Rockets being real contenders that year. They weren't.

I don't particularly like the Heat...I love the Rockets...but these comments appear to be correct to me.

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I'm not sure if the casting was intentional or not
    but not only does satan look like Obama , satan
    looks like Obama wearing a hoodie!
    :eek:

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd have to say the Heat's streak is more significant because it's longer. :mad: But, these guys obviously have no recollection of that '07-'08 season. We weren't 'title-contenders' that year only because Yao had a season-ending injury in the middle of that streak. If Yao and McGrady could have stayed healthy with the way that whole team was clicking, we absolutely would have been contenders. But, these guys were probably too busy wondering about the chances the Knicks had to notice what was going on in Houston.

But the Heat have the longer streak now. Unfortunately, Houston's won't be significant any longer. The next long streak will be measured against the Heat (as the longest in the modern age), and then to the 33 wins. 22 wins will just be a signpost for a streaking team as it climbs the list of longest streaks.

11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

The question was "which is more SIGNIFICANT" and the answer is Miami's win-streak is more significant. Let's be real, Miami won the championship last year, and has an even more stacked team this year and are favorites to win again this year.

If the question was "which is more IMPRESSIVE", then this answer HAS to be the 08 Rockets! We were winning with role players, and a beat up Tracy McGrady. I still strongly believe that the Rockets could have beat the Jazz that year had Rafer been healthy for the playoffs (Rookie Aaron Brooks and ready to retire Bobby Jackson were back ups).

12. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I think the reason our streak is better, is for the reasons they mentioned. The fact that we werent meant to win anything...

13. Shakee

Shakee Member

I keep reading that the "Rockets team werent getting everybodies best shot" smh like the other teams just let them win 22 straight games. That team played their asses off. Doing more with less.

14. SexyButIgnorant

23 is greater than 22. Miami wins, thread fails.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I sadly agree because of what happened in the playoffs and choking against Utah AGAIN.

The streak was fun but NOTHING came out of it

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

They're mostly right... The Rockets streak was a better story, one you could make a movie about. But the Heat are the defending champs, they have the best player in the world, and have a legit shot at breaking LA's record of 33 strait wins. Of my 20 years of living, this is probably the best team I've ever seen (I was to during MJs dominance to say I watched it)

This isn't taking away from Houston's streak, it's just a better team winning more games!

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Fixed

18. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Hit it right on the nail there. That Miami team has 3 legit franchise players while we at that time only had 2 who were injury prone. We had different role players stepping up on different occasions to win that many. That Miami team also has their three best players in their PRIME to add with the fact that they have one of the BEST players in the league.

19. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

Shocked espn choose Heat over Rockets:eek::p

Heat's def has the backing of superiority that a repeat possibility is in the making just makes it that much more nasty. Still don't think it's as one sided Rockets had a great season that year just didn't end well. Don't let Espn and their majority staff of bums/puppets get you down.

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Everything the article said was true.. I don't know why you guys are so upset.