1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the Loss hurts so much..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaleidosky, Feb 17, 2006.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Maybe this doesn't deserve a new thread. But I think I realized why this loss hurts me (so I assume others) way more than the rest this year. One, yeah, cause we had healthy guys and assumed a good effort after the Clips game.

But mainly, I think most of us know about our tough schedule coming up. And we know we hafta win at LEAST 60% of that really tough stretch (and then dominate the rest). This one showing tells me...that the playoffs just aren't happening this year. It's sad to admit, but I've lost hope after that. Barring a miraculous trade and turnaround with it, I think this season is done.

And I hate saying stuff like that.

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

There is on way going 60% the rest of the way will get us anywhere near the playoffs. We need to win AT LEAST 75% of our remaining games...I just don't see that happening.

Let's try to improve the roster/our weaknesses for next season, I am not saying tank because that won't ever happen with JVG at the helm, I am just saying there is less than a 20% chance we make the playoffs...I mean, we're NINE games under .500 with two-thirds of the season almost over.

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

If you were to use your reading comprehension skills, or actually just read his post, you'd realize kaleidosky wasn't suggesting that we could make the playoffs by going 60% from here on out. He was saying that throught the toughest stretch of games we need to go 60%, and DOMINATE the rest of the games. By dominate I'm sure he means 80-90%.

4. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think it is a roster problem. I think it's an identity problem with the peoples who currently have. Fact is, our personnel turnover has been outrageously high... high enough PLUS injuries beset to make it a difficult year to gain any sort of chemistry. The best thing to do IMHO is to make NO changes and see this year out the right way - playing hard and winning.

What becomes of the playoffs will be whatever the team deserves. To date, the team isn't deserving of going to the playoffs b/c even if we get there, with our inconsistency, we'd be a quick bounce out of hte playoffs.

My problem is with Yao Ming... I think I'll start a thread on this...

theSAGE