1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Kevin Martin and jae crowder and a playbook

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Still going with James Johnson, Temple, and Pat Pat...that helps every postion except 1 and 5, which are dominated already.

3. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Ty Lawson, dwight, moti and a first pick for collison and cousins.

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Could you imagine capela/cousins :)

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

As for future flexibility, this logic may actually be correct. Morey needs to figure out a way to erase his mistakes from this summer and dump the Beverly and Brewer contracts before the trade deadline. In the past, he has been able to unwind from his few bad deals; however, these contracts may be cost-prohibitive to dump.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Absolutely. Dumping Brewer, Beverley, KJ and possibly even Ariza would be wise moves if we decide to blow up our roster and make flexibility. Still under that logic, trading Jones who is expiring for nothing would do no good. Unless he is needed as a filler, nets us a pick or is creating problems in the locker room we should probably just keep him until the end of the season, regardless of how bad he plays.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

How about Jones, Lawson and Brewer to the Nets for Joe Johnson?

Not drastic enough? Already given up on this team and want to blow this mess the heck up? Yeah, me too. How about this as a follow up trade then:

Harden, Howard and Decker to Boston for the Nets 1st round pick, David Lee, Amir Johnson and Avery Bradley?

Come back next season with an actual NBA coach, Dmo and Capela in the frontcourt, two lottery picks (at least one very high), with Bradley and Ariza playing perimeter defense, and Harrell with a year of NBA experience under his belt.

I just really hate watching Harden, Howard and this team as a whole play at this point, and I want it to stop.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

34 wins next year..... you will be more frustrated than you are this year!

10. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

2 things --

1) nah, I don't think I would be. If the team is playing hard and growing, I'll be glued to watch that maturation process. I miss the effort and heart of those old Chuck Hayes at center scrappy teams that kept missing the playoffs. I was onboard for those Rockets. I'd rather the team rebuilt with people who played hard and with passion then continuing to roll out what we are seeing right now.

2) They would win more than 34 games if they had a good coach, and a team with young talent that played hard and combined potential with a good front court and good perimeter defense. Would they make the playoffs -- probably not. But they'd probably have more than 34 games. But, as long as the effort is there, you won't hear me complaining.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You give the Nets 3 guys capable of playing basketball (Jones, Lawson, Brewer) - in the East that could make the Nets finish with 30 wins this year. That's probably pick 7-10 (probably not good enough to get a star without some luck). Our pick would fall in the same range...

Then come back without a star, and spend years churning 'heart' guys to 'play harder' and win between 35 and 45 games. That is the NBA definition of hell isn't it? We finished doing that when we got Harden - no need to take a step back to sucktitude again is there? You trade a superstar for nothing other than a superstar (or a damn fine chance at one). Heck, even Minny managed to get Wiggins for Love!

A better idea might be to bring in someone who coaches effort, and get rid of anyone who preaches against it. I don't think Harden is opposed to effort. I think he enjoys winning. He would probably respond well to a new direction?

The major issue this year has been the role players inability to hit a shot, catch a pass, make a layup, dribble the ball, pass the ball (etc). It really feels like the team spent the off-season patting themselves on the back for a job well done, and assumed they were entitled to a championship just by stepping on the court. Brewer, Lawson, Jones are all capable of MUCH more on the court than they are showing. If this season keeps going down disaster lane, then lets at least cash them in for some assets, and rebuild the role players.

Has Howard fallen off a cliff never to return? I'm worried...

12. freshstart

freshstart Member

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Harden, TJones and Brewer for PG, Jordan Hill and CJ miles ;)

Lawson / Bev
    Ariza / Thronton
    Paul George / CJ Miles
    DMo / Hill
    Dwight / Capela

14. malakas

malakas Member

Dunleavy just had a setback and it is even more in question when he will return. It could take a long while.
    That means that it makes it far more likely for the Bulls to have strong interest in Ariza and go ahead with a trade.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Ariza+Tjones for Gibson and McDermott works.

[​IMG]

16. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Dunleavy for Ariza? Hell no. Not with how old he's getting.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't think Dunleavy was really a solution for them anyway. He's more of a backup wing. You're right though that Chicago never seems to trade.

Atlanta, Chicago, NY Knicks, and Utah seem like the most likely options. All have pieces we would be interested in, and all need a quality 3&D wing.

Atlanta
    Out: Ariza
    In: Scott, Schroeder, Patterson

Chicago
    Out: Ariza, TJones
    In: Gibson, McDermott

NY Knicks
    Out: Ariza
    In: Grant, Derrick Williams

Utah
    Out: Ariza, TJones
    In: Exum, Booker

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Everyone is available except Harden, Dmo and Capela.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Yup smth like that.
    More possible they include Snell instead of McDermott and add a pick. Like best of Sac 1st and Bulls 1st.
    Ofc not.:rolleyes:
    Exactly and that's why a further setback in a position that was weak to begin with puts much more pressure to a FO that is historically extremely reluctant to do any trades.
    I find trade no.4 impossible to happen and trade no.1 very unlikely.
    Utah is all in with their youth, they have a very nice young and cheap frontcourt and have absolutely no reason to be interested in Jones or Ariza.
    If they were interested to go all in they would try to fix their achilles heel the pg position but they didn't. They didn't trade one of their multitude of assets for a pg. They are shown to be willing to wait a lot for Exum to mature. (besides even with his ACL injury Exum's value is much more than Ariza's and Booker is very valuable as well.).

20. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14262815/after-lost-decade-knicks-find-right-path

• Houston Rockets: Now we're talking. An underachieving contender desperate to win before Dwight Howard can bolt. The four-man package of Ty Lawson (sunk cost on an expiring deal), Patrick Beverley (a perfect triangle point guard!), Terrence Jones, and Trevor Ariza matches the combined salaries of Anthony and Jose Calderon almost exactly -- a key bit of math synergy, since Houston is hard-capped. Toss in a Rockets pick, and you have the kind of mega-deal that makes both sides a little anxious.