1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did you put people on your ignore list?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CRC, Jul 25, 2003.

1. CRC

CRC Member

Just got inspired by a post on GARM about putting posters on ignore list... I can see one disadvantage of it is you might not have a clue about what the others were talking about( issues raised by the poster on your ignore list.)

So did any of you guys put people on ignore? Do you find it convenient/effective? Just let you know I haven't tried it yet ;)

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

If you are selective enough about who you put on there...you dont miss anything.
    I dont put anyone on mine until they have consistently not made any points worth reading..or they are soo obnoxious that they make me want to post screaming rants about them.

I put some people on ignore to save my sanity.

I think I only have 4 or 5 people on there..and I do check from time to time on the progress of them to see if they have gotten any better..

I think I know what inspired you to ask.:D

3. CRC

CRC Member

Nice guess... ;)

So you did check on the progress of the posters on your ignore list? Nice to see that you give them a second chance :D

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've only got 1 person on my ignore list. I won't tell you who it is but I just can't take his bizzare posts in the GARM anymore.

Other than that, I just ignore the people who bother me....which is why I only lurk in Bush-bashing...er, uh...the D & D. [​IMG]

#4 ima_drummer2k, Jul 25, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2003
  5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

damnit, i have to get me some yoyao icons.

[​IMG]

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If you have someone on ignore, and they start a thread, can you still see the thread? Just wondering.

7. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I did once.

Here's a helpful hint - if you put people on ignore - don't change your signature to be a list of the people you've put on your ignore list. In hindsight(and what should've been current-sight), that's pretty rude.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No, I never have. The temptation has been close to irresistible at times.

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Plus they'll feel comfortable posting crazy sh*t about you because you can't see it...

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I never put anyone on ignore. I love watching meltdowns and the inevitable smacking down that will follow.

[​IMG]

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

yes.you can.

and yes CRC, I do check from time to time by clicking on their posts...just to see if they are still doing what got them put on my ignore in the first place.

I have to say, that I have brought posters back from oblivion...some folks have irritated me, and ended up getting back on my good side..not mentioning any names..but it has happened.

12. Heath

Heath Member

I never put ppl on the ignore list. I just laugh out loud about all the stupid **** that gets posted. I did not plan to post in this thread either, but I could not stand to see you being the only one posting in your thread. So now I'm helping you up it so maybe finally you will get someone else to respond to it.