1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starbucks will pay for online college at Arizona State University

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rockbox, Apr 6, 2015.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Good publicity for as long as it's economically feasible.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Actually it's pretty good recruiting too, probably attract more applicants overall and perhaps more good kids from good families who otherwise could afford to not work in high school or college.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting prospect . . . . .. .

Rocket River

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That's awesome. I'm a very happy long time stock holder if this company.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Charity has its role. Better than nothing but still better is taxing corporations and and the wealthy as in the years before Reagan and the mindless anti-government ruse and using the tax money to reduce the cost of college or give more grants.

How about some freedom to choose what college you want to go to? In person college classes are not too good for Starbucks employees and other non elite kids.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think the online college allows their employees to work and it allows them negotiate a deal with a university that can cover all their employees regardless of where they are located. Starbucks is still a business.

It's not ideal but it's better than most companies offer. I personally think college education should be really affordable like the 200 bucks a semester for Texas public schools in the 80's. I don't think it should be completely free because I think students should have some skin in the game, but it should be affordable to anyone who really wants to go and better themselves.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.