1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oh yeah Media, 147 People Died in Kenya Yesterday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IronTexan93, Apr 3, 2015.

1. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/03/africa/kenya-garissa-university-attack/index.html
    Mostly College Students. Victims were face down, shot in the back of the head. The terrorist group Al-Shabaab that carried out the attack first stormed a christian prayer service, killing some and taking some hostage, and then moved on across the campus shooting non-muslims. The ones who escaped had to either run through the forest or hide. One female student covered herself in blood to make it seem like she was Killed.

If you go check a website like CNN, FOX or ABC News as of right now, front page, Main article, your going to see more talk about the descent during the Germanwings flight. The Kenya article is most likely located on the side or bottom. Wait a minute, I stand corrected. I don't even see one on ABC or FOX.

Honestly, this is sad. I really don't know how else to describe it. Both cases are horrible events, yet for some reason, Media outlets wan't to spend as much time as possible highlighting the germanwings flight, and the Kenya attack gets a side article(or nothing) the day after it happened.

All lives matter. Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, etc.
    May those 147 people rest in peace.

2. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Close Thread

Mods, please close down this Thread. I for some reason didn't not see the one already open, so there is no need for this one anymore.

3. Remii

Remii Member

No this thread should not be closed. The media should be questioned about their lack of coverage on this when they had around the clock coverage about the cartoonist in France as soon as the incident happened.

They did the same thing with Ferguson when Robin Williams died.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This should be getting a lot more media coverage. It's a horrific incident, one in a chain of many around the world where Islamists are senselessly slaughtering innocent civilians, just because they are not Muslims (yes, they also murder other Muslims, but in this case here, they specifically picked out the non-Muslims to be murdered). 147 people, this is mass murder.

5. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

some of the "left-wing PC" media outlets

Slate
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...ttack_garissa_university_college_stormed.html

Guardian
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...ges-in-standoff-at-kenya-college-live-updates

The Atlantic
    http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/04/the-kenyan-school-attack-in-context/389408/

DemocracyNow!
    http://www.democracynow.org/2015/4/3/147_killed_at_kenyan_university_deadliest

The Daily Beast
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...hen-killed-in-kenyan-university-atrocity.html

Keyword: Kenya attack
    Google News
    About 23,700,000 results (0.32 seconds)
    Explore in depth (3,667 more articles)

Keyword: Central African Republic
    4,800,000 results (0.46 seconds)

Recurrent violence has displaced entire communities, and more than 1.47 million people need humanitarian health services.

http://www.who.int/features/2015/car-health-emergency/en/

6. Remii

Remii Member

I believe the OP is referring to major TV coverage.

7. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

oh lord, no wonder. stop getting your news from TV then OP, srsly.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This was the lead story on most major news outlets yesterday and is still headline news on the Internet.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

This terriost islamic group work and coordinate with Christian allies in Arteria and Ethiopia , so go figure how awkward things goes

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Who watches news on TV anymore? Only old people.

11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

This. Television is for entertainment.

12. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

I don't watch TV. I check my smartphone or browse my laptop.

13. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Your right btw. My bad. Why should people dying soak up precious TV time? As long people get to watch the Next episode of the walking dead, screw all the people getting raped and murdered.

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I watch the local news on ABC and the first 15 minutes or so of Goog Morning America every morning while getting dressed. Does this mean I'm getting old?

15. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

If you think you can get the entirety of any story, no matter how simple, by watching the television, then you are deluded. This is especially true if you choose to watch the 24 hour "news" outlets, which are nothing more than people slinging their slanted opinions on current events topics, avoiding the salient points of the opposing view in favor of straw men and desiring nothing more than to make the other team look bad.

16. Remii

Remii Member

Just saying it deserves major TV coverage... Just my opinion.

And yes... I do flip through TV news stations even though I can get better info on Twitter. I don't sit up and watch comic book super hero TV shows or sport channels all day.