1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Status of David West?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CheezeyBoy22, Mar 19, 2008.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is David West playing tonight's game?

2. mrdan

mrdan Contributing Member

http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/2008/03/west_shows_no_limitations_duri.html

3. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

We'll have to wait and see around 3 or 4 today. I hope he doesn't but that doesn't mean we'll win though.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

As I know he was day to day. Right now it looks like it will be game time decision. I hope he won't be able to play cause he can be that difference. We've had some troubles with guarding big guys.

5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Sounds similar to what the Rockets have been saying regarding Landy's injury so I'll asume West will be out another 1 to 2 weeks :rolleyes:

6. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I still haven't heard anything yet.... I guess we'll have to wait till tipoff

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

[Jim Rome]Rack 'em.[/Jim Rome]

8. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

I hope david west gets kidnapped by rafer's gf.

Just for 1 game.

9. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

On 610 sports update, Landry and West are a game time decision. I'm not sure what that is all going to pan out too.

10. A00man

A00man Member

Wow, that would be totally unexpected. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

11. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I just hope David West doesn't play. He might though because this game is important. No matter how you look at it, this game might be the biggest of the year. Even more so than the Lakers game.

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

No, the Laker game was bigger because it decided tie-breaker status. Lakers win, they have TB over us. We win, we get TB over them.

NO cant get H2H TB over us no matter what.

So from that perspective, win over Lakers > win over NO.

13. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Agreed. It is bigger than the Lakers game. It's another showdown for the #1 seed (for the day at least), and a Tie Breaker against a top contender is at stake. But it will also affect our division record, which could help us win a Tie Break with the Spurs as well.

I hope he's out. They looked pretty bad against the Bulls the other night. If Chicago hadn't choked the last 4 minutes, the Hornets would have lost that game.

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Its like every day there is a new conference showdown for positioning. I think whoever wins the west will be so fatigued after the grueling playoffs and all of these big reg. season games that they might lose no matter who they play against.

15. ScriboErgoSum

I agree. The last 15 games will be a Western Conference Slugfest, with teams beating the hell out of each other on a nightly basis. Somebody's got to win the West, but they will be bruised and bloodied by the time they get to the Finals. I hate to say it, but I think the Celtics or Pistons will win it this year. The West team that makes it will be too tired out. The East team get a cakewalk in the 1st round, a moderate challenge in the second, and only in the conference finals be tested.

Hopefully Stern will look at top 16 teams playoff format next year, with East and West teams all thrown together. It's only going to be worse for us next year otherwise. I don't see any West teams falling out of the picture, and the Blazers will be much better with Oden.

16. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I think Stern will look at how the playoffs seeds are but won't do anything about it. You have to admit this at least that more talent did go to the East year and now 4 teams are good compared to only 2 to 3 teams. The Celtics, Pistons, Magic, and Cavs are doing good against the West.

Sooner or later it will balance itself out. It's gonna be a hellva 3 weeks to go and the best i've ever seen it before.

17. ScriboErgoSum

Agreed on those 4 teams, but the Nuggets are out of the playoffs, and they have a better record that the Cavs. The Blazers are only 3 games behind Cleveland.

I think Stern is going to feel pressure to fix it before next year, when you could have a #10 seed in the West that would have home court in the first round of the East. We're hearing a lot more press this year about the imbalance due to the competitive race in the West, and I think it'll only heat up if the East beats up on a battered West team in the Finals. If I'm the owner of the Rockets, Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Mavs, Jazz, Sun, Warriors, Nuggets, Blazers, or Kings I'm asking Stern to fix the playoff format.

18. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

David West is going to play tonite. When West twisted his ankle in the Lakers game, he walked off the court totally without limping or anything. So, it's expected West can be back very soon. Although, West may slow down a little bit.

CP3's ankle injury has slowed him down a little bit and not as explosive. But CP3's game was still very effective vs the Bulls.

19. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

This game also decides the tie-breaker between the Hornets and the Rockets. The Rockets lead the series 2-1.

20. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

yep. and if we lose, we lose the tie breaker, considering their conference record is far superior (+6 in wins)