1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does BO'B already know who the QB of the future for the Texans is?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by NBAandNFLFan, Nov 23, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

you're obsessed with Bridgewater. Let it go, dude. Texans didn't draft him. Time to move on. Do you need someone to talk to?

2. Remii

Remii Member

Heck no you can't compare the two because Winston is a great player and the Clowney pick is already biting the Texans in the azz.

3. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Some high praise Remii, I'm so tired of losing I'm willing to take a shot if there's a snow ball's chance.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Clowney is 21.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Jets and Bucs will take Mariotta and Winston, we aren't trading multiple firsts to move up.

We could move up a couple of spots for Amari Cooper to replace Andre though I think.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I've said this before - if the Texans are drafting in the middle of the 1st round, and Winston drops - all the off-field concerns are legitimately lessened, IMO. I think he becomes infinitely more viable, even to a team reluctant to draft guys with character issues. (I also think it's a little overblown; they did trade for Mallett, who reportedly had major off-field concerns. I don't think they run a boys' choir, by any means.)

7. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

why not trade Clowney to Wash for RG III they both need a change of scenery....RG III will be on last year of contract next year so see what u have for a year if it works great if not great....These are moves we should make as Texans

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Rick Smith, is that you?

9. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

^^^lol not Rick Smith just think it would be a smart move for both franchises in Redskins case it would make fans feel as if they lost one pic from the RG III trade
    For Texans we get rid of Clowney bc it seems as if he too much of a diva...I see potential in a trade for both sides Texans finally move on from what look like another bad number one overall pic....Redskins get away from RGIII and get last year number one overall draft pick which like RG III is injury prone only difference is Griff had positives his rookie year JD doesnt...The numbers add up and it makes sense so a wiseman once told me you cant go wrong when numbers makes sense just my .02$

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

which teams ahead of us could possibly be looking for a QB?

[​IMG]

I would say NYJ, WAS, TB, STL

11. Anticope

Anticope Member

Pwned.

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

He could definitely be there. Those teams could pass him up due to being worried aobut character issues and not wanting to waste a first round pick on him. I'd be willing to take the chance.

He has said before that he is going back to FSU next year but we'll see if that is true or just fluff for the FSU fan base

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I asked if you were Rick Smith because I thought it was the dumbest idea I have ever heard. Similar to Rick Smith's pathetic track record as a GM.

RGIII is an awful QB now that he's too maimed to scramble.

Clowney has battled injuries in his first year -- the jury is clearly still out on that.

14. Remii

Remii Member

Cooper may go within the 1st two picks... I could definitely see Oakland or the Jags taking him.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because that would be insanely stupid.

Keep hope alive that one of those scrubs will start playing better but all I see are Jake Locker's and Jimmy Clausen's. I know you aren't the best at talent evaluation so I'll cut you some slack, but if there's a re-draft, Clowney still goes before any QB.

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Yea.. texans are not in a good position to land a QB. Especially with Connor Cook returning to MSU.

17. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Yep unless we lose out and the bucs and jets start winning we won't be drafting a QB in the first couple of rounds .. This team has way too many holes to reach on players early WR/CB/LB/OL

18. Remii

Remii Member

Mariota may drop in the draft. Teams may question Mariota's ability to play in the pocket and running quarterbacks usually eventually have to stop running in the NFL and he plays in what can be considered a gimmick system. Russell Wilson is an outlier in today's NFL because he's actually built like a running back.

Mariota is being compared to Kaepernick but I don't believe he's no where near as good and Kaepernick is having trouble playing from the pocket as well. I think the Texans may have a shot at him and I wouldn't be mad if they passed him up.

19. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Yeah I would pass on Mariota.

For me it's Winston, Petty(concerned about injuries though), Conner, then Mariota.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I want Amari Cooper in the first round and Brett Hundley in the second, as of now. That's always subject to change this early, though. Time to retool this entire team, offense first.