1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[game] Halo: Master Chief Collection

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Nov 4, 2014.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Can't do it. At least Xbox has exclusives out this fall...
    By the way, the server issues with MCC are absolutely nothing in comparison to the megacluster**** that was Drive Club. (I have a PS4)

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this is bull****. I can't believe that rehashing a series of old games can result in so much incompetence a week into the game's launch. I've only been able to play a handful of matches. Yesterday, I actually left it open for an hr and it still couldn't find matches. My patience is seriously growing thin...first time I've gone xbox and it was for halo alone.

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I just got in mail today. ill be contacting you thatboynick

4. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

To be fair, Driveclub wasn't hyped up like MCC was and it's a new IP. Yes, having network issues with both games is terrible. There's no excuse for either of them to not work properly at launch or at least have it fixed within a week.

Btw, Driveclub nor exclusive have anything to do with Halo server issues. You're just baiting him. I don't consider MMC a exclusive and SO sales aren't lighting the world on fire either at 350k sold.

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Add me on live if you haven't already... I'm usually on after 8: LosTrolloHermano

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Sorry I think that's just 1 L,

LosTroloHermano

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Trust me, I'm just as frustrated, but...

It's not just rehashing a series of old games. They're basically having 6 game engines run at once (Halo, Halo Anniversary, Halo 2, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3, and Halo 4) plus all 4 multiplayers running simultaneously, which is ambitious to say the least. I always knew there were going to be problems at first because there was no way the servers would be able to hold that up during the surge at launch.

Now...I didn't expect this, but I mean it's only been a week. If this patch that's coming out tonight works well, then all will be well.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm baiting him? For what? Get out of here with that ****. I'm just calling it like I see it. He said the playstation fan in him wanted to chuckle, well...there's nothing to chuckle about really. There's good and exclusive games that worked out of the box without issue on Xbox One this fall (Forza Horizon 2, and Sunset Overdrive for example), and there is a massive patch that will hopefully resolve the issues on MCC this evening. Is it acceptable that it wasn't working at launch? No. With that said, I'm willing to allow for a week if they get it right. I don't think people grasp how ambitious the MCC collection is -- I'm shocked it even fit on one disc (15GB day 1 patch withstanding).

Driveclub had an extra YEAR, and are you kidding? It was hyped to hell and back (it was even bundled to sell PS4s at launch, how do you think those people feel?), I even personally fell for it. They spent all this time making such a gorgeous video game, oh wait...we have to make network code too. Our bad! There's no excuse for the launch, which basically still works extremely half assed to my understanding and it's been out a month. Also, how is MCC not an exclusive? Rehash or not. That's like saying The Last of Us: Remastered doesn't count as an exclusive.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The patch is live

10. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Bro, I'm not even going to argue against you, because you're more passionate about video games than me.

I don't consider LoU an exclusive. When I think exclusive, I think of games that are only available for one platform. Be it console, handhelds, prior generation, PC, mobile phone, etc.

It's like when you're exclusive to one girl. You two aren't exclusive if you're dating other people.

Dictionary term,
    "noun
    noun: exclusive; plural noun: exclusives

an item or story published or broadcast by only one source."

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You're right, and I actually don't know too much about the specifics when it comes to games...hopefully this patch I'm downloading solves the issues and allows me to pistol on CE like I did a decade ago.

12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Patch is chit.....

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

every one downloading patch. took me 4 hours with a 140 mb per second download. WTF. then it took 10 min to match me in some games. Do any of the multiplayer games allow you to use a custom loadout? I saw some loadout options under settings.

14. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

How do I download the patch? I thought it would start automatically when I start the game but I haven't seen it.

15. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I'm probably going to get this game on Black Friday.

Add me: o Sydeffect o

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Restart your xbox

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Anybody still playing it? The Matchmaking is still broke, especially when it comes to certain game types, and there are still a lot of unequal teams, but at least getting into a games hasn't been as much of a problem.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Traded for NBA 2K about a week ago. **** that noise, if it was a true mistake it would have taken 1 or 2 patches to fix. They intentionally released a broken product.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Nothing new for Microsoft to release something that wasn't ready. They knew they needed to move consoles, and Halo is their one brand capable of doing just that, so they probably rushed it to make sure it was here before Holiday Shopping began.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The matchmaking times have definitely been fixed, but the uneven teams is still very annoying. They're getting there, but the slowness of it is very frustrating.

Having said that...they're running 6 game engines at once on the same servers. That's incredibly ambitious, and honestly it wouldn't shock me if they never truly got rid of all the problems. Just as long as they can get even teams and relatively quick matchmaking times, that should be enough for most people.

I'm still getting my money's worth though. I'm enjoying the campaigns a lot more than I remember, and I'm hoping the matchmaking gets closer to being solved sooner rather than later. Matchmaking is still just as fun as it was back in the day when it works.