1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What method do you use to remove your shirt?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Iron McFist, Aug 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

I guess you could call this insomniac's boredom, but a few friends and I were talking about the various ways to remove one's t-shirt, so I thought I'd ask everyone here.

Two-Handed Collar Tug - The classic. Grab by the collar with both hands, and lift. Simple and manly.
    Sexy Girl Method - You've all seen it in the movies, where attractive women cross their arms and grab from the bottom of their top and lift, and the jumblies jumble, et al. I've tried it, the shirt always gets stuck on my face.
    Simple Two-Handed Bottom Lift - Similar to the Sexy Girl Method, but easier. Grab from the side/back bottom of the shirt, tuck your elbows in and lift over your head. Shirts tend to end up inside-out.
    Armless Wonder - A quirkier method, where one or two of the arms is pulled inside of the shirt before removal.
    Hulkamania Style - No explanation needed.
    Other - Explain, sir/ma'am.

Stand by your method of choice! Defend it! Yar!

2. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Damn, should have made this a public poll. I want to see who does the "sexy girl"...actually, not really.

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

For those with button down shirts, do you just unbutton the top two buttons and remove the shirt and wash it like that? I don't think I've ever unbuttoned a shirt all the way down...

4. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

haha, funny poll. I never noticed how I take my shirt off, I had to do it a few times before voting:)

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I use my penis.

6. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Are you Jerry Seinfeld?

8. Party Pizza

Party Pizza Member

simple two handed bottom lift. how do we learn these things. i see my husband take off/put on a shirt and i dont understand.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I really don't know. I'm wearing a button-down right now so I can't experiment (I unbutton all the buttons, A-Train).

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Armless Wonder.

I put my right arm up through the front of the shirt and toward my left arm so I can help the left arm into the shirt. Once the left arm is in, I repeat the procedure for the right arm. Once both arms are taken care of (now the shirt is only around my neck) I put both hands inside the shirt again, up through the collar to pull my head through.

It's the only way I know that doesn't screw up my hair. If I'm about to shower or whatever, I sometimes do the Two-Handed Collar Tug...

or the Hulkamania.

:cool:

11. Buck Turgidson

Nope, I go all the way...I always assumed that leaving them buttoned would cause additional stress in the washer & lead to premature button-coming-off.

On another note, the gf swears to me that washing clothes inside-out will help prevent fading. This doesn't make sense to me, as the water's the same & the heat in the dryer's the same, no matter which side is out. Thoughts? Folding laundry's enough of a pain in the arse as it is without having to turn every piece of clothing right-side-out first.

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Actually, for some weird reason, my shirts always seem to turn inside-out while they're washing, so I turn them inside out before putting them in the wash just so I don't have to turn them the correct way after washing them. That's why I do a combination collar lift/two handed bottom lift. Lift it up by the collar half way, then lift up by the bottom to turn the shirt inside out. It's a little complicated, but it gets the job done...

13. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I voted for armless wonder but actually I do a little bit different version of it than described above. I pull one arm through the shirt (generally right but sometimes it's the left). Then I put that arm out the bottom and pull the shirt over my head and then off the other arm.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If you were to dry your clothes on an outdoor clothes line, you'd want to turn them inside out to keep them from fading. I don't know why it'd matter in a dryer though.

15. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Ok so this is taking off your own shirt, not someone else's shirt.

I guess I never noticed how I went about doing that. I do cross my arms, but it's not sexy. I do the "Two-handed bottom lift" with my arms crossed. I don't think I know any females who don't cross their arms when they take off their shirt.

16. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I light mine on fire.

17. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

A lot of clothes turn themselves inside out during washing. The reason is actually sensible. I know it sounds goofy but inside out is actually clothing's natural position. When it is manufactured it is layed out and sewn together. The stiching at that time is on the outside. The cloth is then turned "right side out" so that it looks more presentable. Where I saw this and why I remember it is beyond me.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I unbotton all the way and then button back...yeah, I know...But if its not that wrinkled, I will use it another time...

two handed collar tug is the way to go...the other ways are gay...

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Damn, I just noticed I use the sexy girl method. What a sissy.

I'm going to have to go with something more manly in the future.