1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

What's the scoop with that? Yao, don't you check this board?? Gimme the low down.

fro-

2. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

Hey fro!

I got no info about Yao specifically,all I know is that he has a hyperextended elbow ...
    I found this on the internet --- it just gives you an idea on the treatment, and how long it will take to recover....

HYPEREXTENDED ELBOW
    When force applied to the elbow forces it to extend farther than normal, the result is hyperextension. This tears the fibers that hold the front of the elbow joint together and overextends the biceps muscle, which attaches just below the elbow.

A hyperextended elbow will cause pain and swelling. Treat this by resting and icing it intermittently at first. It may require a splint to keep the elbow bent until the pain subsides. Then you must gently stretch until your range of motion returns and you can fully extend the elbow without pain. Then strengthen the elbow with arm curls using weights. Total recovery time is usually three to six weeks, depending on the severity of the injury.

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

He came back in the game and didn't look too bothered by it they probably have had him rest it all day and he will most likely play today. The pain was just initial and you could see that he was okay after that...i don't think he will be out an extended period of time or anything.

4. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Yea, I think they will just have him wear some kind of sleeve or padding that will help prevent it from happening again until those ligaments heal up.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

My elbow is fine.

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I totally thought this was a thread about Karl Malone.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Hey fro, this is Yao. I would like to tell you all the results, but I am not supposed to talk. You'll have to await an official announcement.

Oh, and Rashmon is a liar. I'm Yao.

8. brasss

brasss Member

yao should sit out tonite and rest his elbow for the regular season.

9. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

I hyperextended my elbow, recently, and they said 3-4 weeks would be enough. It wasn't bad, nothing like a break. You can still do stuff, and mine was nummed for a while -- I expect Yao's to be nummed also.

10. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

I'm Yao and so's my wife!

11. ty185

ty185 Member

bunch of liars. we all know Sabonis is Yao Ming...

;)

12. qrui

qrui Member

i thought BrockStapper and his wife are :confused:

;)

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That's just silly. How can he rest his elbow for the regular season? Have you ever tried to take off your own elbow for 6 months? It's impossible, man. Imagine Yao playing elbowless during the regular season. JEEZ, the nerve... :rolleyes:

#13 SwoLy-D, Oct 29, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If Harry Potter can play Quiditch without one, Yao can play basketball without one.

DD

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Trade him