1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[XONE/PS4] Resident Evil HD - the Remastered Remake

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RMGEEGEE, Jan 22, 2015.

1. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Capcom has done it again. Tuesday they released an HD Remastered edition of the Gamecube remake of the PS1 Resident Evil.

Been waiting for this one for a while since the Gamecube edition was one of my favorites growing up. While it is the same game other than a slight visual upgrade, I still enjoy it.

The remake for Gamecube received top-notch reviews so similar treatment has carried over to this version. Most of the criticism refers to the old school still-camera perspective and clunky controls. If you haven't played Resident Evil or are only familiar with RE4/5/6, you're either going to hate it or love it... Earlier versions such as this one were known more for puzzles/difficulty/grittiness than over-the-shoulder shoot-em-up action. I'm a fan of both styles but this game oozes of creepiness and nostalgia.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/resident-evil-hd-remaster

Anyone else picking this one up ? ( $ 20 )

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

This came out for PS3 (and I think the 360 too?); it's cool that last-gen gets access to this too.

Never was a big fan of RE games, except for RE4.

3. Convictedstupid

RE1 scared the piss out of me as a kid playing. I liked RE4/5/6 as well, but nothing comes close to being 10 and playing the gamecube remake.

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I found that the controls added to the stress haha! I played this on the original PS1 I think? So great...so scary. I was in college when I played it.