1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feel Good Story Rockets vs. Jazz 1-10-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acefan18, Jan 10, 2015.

1. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Just thought I would share a feel good story that deserves endless praise for saving my 8 year old son's birthday! A week ago my stepson shared with my wife and I that instead of a small party or get together, he simply wanted to take in a Rockets game for his birthday. Being a huge Rockets fan myself, I was more than happy to throw my support behind his brilliant idea. We purchased tickets pretty last minute today, and got what we could find available in the upper bowl. We show up early to Toyota Center so he could play in the Sky Zone, and get some good eats before tip-off. As we finally make our way to our seats we find a large group taking up 2 whole rows where we were supposed to be seated. Trying to figure out what is going on, several Ushers get involved, and end up telling us we can go to the box office to try to get an exchange for some new seats. After missing the entire first quarter, we finally get seated in downgraded seats, but my stepson was clearly upset about how the night was unfolding, as were my wife and I. Figuring I would share my dismay with my ESPN Fantasy League, and fellow Rockets fans via group message, I fill them in on what was happening. After hearing about the situation, someone in the group message, who was at the game, said he would trade seats with us so my son could enjoy the rest of his night. This guy has never met me in person, and outside of chatting about our fantasy league, or Rockets basketball, doesn't know me at all. Long story moderately shortened....he moved up to the nosebleed seats we had been moved to, and we enjoyed the rest of the game from his CLUB SEATS! This guy deserves so many props, and has my eternal thanks! We all had a blast watching the rest of the game, and the birthday boy even got a picture with Clutch the bear. My son can't stop talking about how cool it was to be so close, and how that man was so nice to give up his seats for us. Overall it turned out to be a great night, and it is all thanks to him. Rockets fans are the best in the world!

4 people like this.
  2. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Sorry if the wall of text is difficult to read. Just wanted to give this guy the props he deserves if he's on ClutchFans.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thanks a lot, Tad Brown. Stuff like this why Barkley hates your team and you are worthless!

We should have kept Tarik Black and waived Tad Brown instead!

1 person likes this.
  4. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing. Props to that guy!

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's wonderful.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Fantastic, kudos to the guy and happy birthday to your son!

7. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Cool story, bro. No, seriously. Nice way to spend the night.

But I'm curious, what was the mix-up and why did it happen in the first place?

8. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Who is it?

That was really nice.

9. acefan18

acefan18 Member

No clue what the confusion was about. It was 2 whole rows of younger kids, and I couldn't get mad at them, because they were told to sit there by the adults they were with. They tried to squeeze us between them, but the kids were yelling at each other, and it was really shaping up to be an unenjoyable experience. We asked for another solution, and that is when they told us to go to the box office to see if we could get different seats. After making our way back to the new seats, and being bummed out, that is when the birthday hero offered us his seats, and saved the day. It was such an awesome gesture on his part! I love reading stories like this when they are posted, so I thought I would share with the community.

10. acefan18

acefan18 Member

I'm not sure if he is on ClutchFans. If he is, I hope he makes himself known in here so he can get some rep from the community!

11. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I wanna know who the douche bag group was :mad:

12. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Here's my son after we got back to the car issuing a thank you to the fellow Rockets fan who made his night!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iCKG61ksWJY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  13. acefan18

acefan18 Member

I have no clue. I have to assume it was a church/school group, or something of that sort, since it was all kids with what seemed to be 2-3 chaperones. I was upset, but how mad can you be at a group of children? lol

14. alethios

alethios Member

Good thing you were chatting about your dilemma online. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

There's alot of really kewl Rox fans out there!

Thanks for sharing!

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Awesome man, after all the terrible news in the world, the story of a Rockets fan willing to give up his seats for a kids birthday actually restores my faith in humanity. Thanks for sharing!

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

great story man, glad to see your son had a great time! :)

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

thx for sharing. and give that hero the link to this thread. He should register, if he isn't already.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I hate groups of unruly kids. Glad your kid's night turned out well.

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Cute kid! So why were you sold tickets to seats being occupied by someone else?

Someone did a poor job at the Toyota Center.