1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Les really cares about winning he needs to do it by selling tickets to people who care about the

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ghost_of_Akeem, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Ghost_of_Akeem

So, the Rockets just dropped another game at home last night, their 5th loss at home of the season. Once again the crowd was disappointing to say the least. I have been to golf tournaments that reached higher decibel ratings than what we heard from Toyota center against the Hawks. It's downright pathetic that we have one of the NBA's best records but people buying tickets in the lower bowl cannot be bothered with showing up to games to support the team, and those who do show up are not showing much enthusiasm.

Rockets use to have a very energetic crowd when they played at the Summit, even during the first part of the Francis era when the team was not very good I remember attending games where you could feel the vibrations in the place because of how loud it got. Did all of those fans just magically disappear? Was it a difference in the design structure? Or, was it because tickets were cheaper and real fans could afford to go to games? Maybe a combination of the three? I will let you guys debate this. As for me, it just makes me sick to see so many empty seats at Toyota center especially in a game where we are actually playing a decent team with a similar record to our own.

Hell, to me it felt almost like this game was being played at a neutral site and neither team really had any advantage. That is downright shameful and Les Alexander needs to own up to this crap. This guy has always advocated that all he wants is to win and he will do whatever it takes to help the team win. Has he attended a game at Toyota Center recently? Specifically in the first half of the game? Do any of you really believe the crap this guy is spewing when he says he cares most about winning?

Pathetic. If people cannot show up on time for their lower bowl seats then these seats need to be opened up to people in other sections who do show up and are ready to support their favorite team. No excuses.

1 person likes this.
  2. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

I know how you feel, the few times i have been able to go to games playoff or regular season, im always disappointed in our fan base sitting in the better seats... But i dont know if you can blame Les for that... Those people that buy those seats are what allows us to be ready to sign big free agent deals when they come. I personally think Houston is just not a basketball town... Know matter where i go, or who i ask "Did you see the Rockets game" its always met with a confused "Its to early to care about basketball" answer, or "You watch the NBA?". Maybe Houston fans are to cool to get up a cheer sometimes.

3. Ghost_of_Akeem

Houston has always consisted of a melting pot of people who come here from other cities\countries to make money but they never consider it their real home. That has always been the case since I have been alive. Houston is the ultimate carpet bagger's paradise.

But, even with that said I remember a time in this city when people really did support the Rockets. When Rockets fans were more fierce than the loudest crowd you will ever hear at NRG (Injury Stadium) , Minute Maid park and the old Astrodome combined!

What happened? Where did it all go? Is it the NBA? Is it Les? Is is Toyota Center? Who is to blame for our lackluster home crowds?

Please tell me.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

You've watched golf tournaments live?

5. Ghost_of_Akeem

Indeed, and it was more entertaining than going to a Rockets game now days.

Which is pretty scary. Maybe Les should sell this team or relocate, I don't care which one as long as fans who love the team can go to games and root for them.

6. WestendMassive

What do you expect him to do? Make people buying tickets sign an agreement that they will go nuts for every good Rockets play? Some people just aren't into screaming and yelling and just want to watch a basketball game.

Although, there should have been a hell of a lot more booing last night for all those dodgy calls, that's for sure.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

hey hey. settle down there daredevil

8. Ghost_of_Akeem

So, you're blaming the association for our piss poor fans and low entry game attendance? As one of the NBA's top teams?

If you can successfully make this claim you will also be blaming the NBA as a whole.

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Lower bowl is mostly Corporate

10. Ghost_of_Akeem

The grass is green. Sky is blue.

Solid post.

11. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Ok let me elaborate since you are a little slow. Basically anything in club is $325 a seat face value. Or $225 via seat geek. That's pretty expensive for the normal consumer. Most of these companies use these seats for clients. Given it's the holidays I'm going to assume that people are traveling and such.

12. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Corporate folks are usually the driest most unrhtyhmically oriented people out there

You can't expect these saps to enjoy good basketball unless it hit them in the ****in face

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

It really is strange. At a Texans game, everyone in attendance is constantly yelling and high diving after a big play. If you do too much of that at a Rockets game, you get dirty looks and are asked to quiet down. They have to do something about it.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Lol at high diving. I'm leaving it.

Now that would really make for one hell of a game day experience .

15. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

The tickets should go to enthusiastic loyal fans. Corporate hands out tickets and there treated like upper deck nose bleed seats at a 2014 Astros game.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Tickets should go to those who pay for them end of story

17. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I always scream and yell at the top of my lungs and people just seem to eyeball me up and down... I get sad and sit down..

18. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

Just a small anecdote, had a buddy offer me lower bowl tickets at 7:05P last night. It was right as they were tipping off, so I declined. He has access to season tickets down there, and I guess a game against the #3 team in the east isn't big enough of a game.

That being said, I thought from watching on TV that the attendance seemed higher than average and louder than average, for the Toyota Center anyways. Nothing compared to watching a Warriors game these days unfortunately.

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

He would't be so rich if he was thinking to run business on emotional thoughts

20. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Go back to school and sign up for business classes.

If you can't do that at least learn your economics.