1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's peanut butter jelly time!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bejezuz, Aug 24, 2009.

1. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Dave_78's post on the burger thread about PB on his hamburgers made me crave PB&J sandwiches. I'm sure this has been done before, but how do you guys take your PB&J? White or wheat, chunky or smooth, grape or strawberry, etc?

Here's my ideal sandwich:

Honey wheat bread
    Smooth peanut butter (Jif Creamy or Jif PB & Honey)
    Strawberry jam

I like my sandwiches crust on, no slices, and double decker. Double decker meaning three slices of bread, the outer two with the peanut butter, and the middle one with jam on both sides. Sometimes I lightly toast the bread. MMmmmm good.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I eat PB & J almost every week day for lunch.

I use organic peanut butter, jelly and bread.

Hippie stuff, you know.

3. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Mmmmm, sounds stalkerific!

4. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

organic crunchy PB
    whole grain wheat bread
    organic raw honey

i like honey more than jelly.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I eat the Rudi's Organic Double Fiber Wheat. Usually the PB and J just whole foods brand stuff.

I don't put honey anywhere near my peanut butter.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Creamy peanut butter and grape jelly on toasted wheat. :D

In all honesty, most of the time I eat just peanut butter by itself without jelly. Every now and then I want jelly.

Last comment: Peanut butter on Ritz is the ultimate binge food. I had to completely stop buying Ritz crackers because I couldn't help myself and I don't buy peanut butter very often for the same reason. It calls my name every evening until I answer.

7. Asian Sensation

Are you a pot head Focker?

8. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

PB&J + Nutella + Maple Syrup = 100% win (and 99% artery blockage)

9. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_1rSm2MDM4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_1rSm2MDM4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>