1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has anybody every gotten their fbi file?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i haven't done anything worth having a file...so if i have one, i don't want to know it.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

"Have you ever been convicted of a felony?

CONVICTED?? No."

4. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Do I Have an FBI File? If you are an adult citizen of the United States, or if, after 1996, you have ever applied for credit, you have an FBI File. At that time the FBI spent millions with ChoicePoint Inc. to buy information on virtually all adults living in the United States with any credit or public record history. ChoicePoint, formerly a part of credit-reporting company Equifax, is a database compiler selling personal information for a profit. Using your Social Security number as the key identifier, ChoicePoint compiles dossiers on citizens from credit reports, and from public records such as court files, property tax documents, business incorporation filings, and professional license applications. ChoicePoint aggregates this up-to-date information and sells it to the FBI. Following below is a list of the other most common areas of collection:

Everyone arrested and booked into custody of law enforcement - a police record
    Government employees
    Immigrants who have become U. S. citizens
    All those with Green Cards
    Foreign nationals visiting the United States
    Every person involved in counter-intelligence
    Suspected organized crime members
    Members of recognized 'hate groups'
    Elected/Serving Politicians
    Professionals fingerprinted for their profession, example: stock brokers; realtors
    Close associates of the above listed categories of people.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My father supposedly has a file opened on him with the FBI. When he was in the Navy, he had a sensitive communications and encryption job. He was thinking of making a career of it, but decided to marry a French woman (my mother). The Navy said he couldn't keep the job and marry a foreign national because of security concerns, so he quit the Navy. And, the FBI opened a file on him, just in case.