1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA ‎2010-11 All Defensive Teams: Chuck Hayes & Kyle Lowry snubbed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, May 9, 2011.

1. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

NBA ‎2010-11 All Defensive First Team:
    Dwight Howard
    Kevin Garnett
    LeBron James
    Kobe Bryant
    Rajon Rondo

2010-11 All Defensive Second Team:
    Joakim Noah
    Tyson Chandler
    Andre Iguodala
    Tony Allen
    Chris Paul

Other players receiving votes, with point totals (First Team votes in parentheses): Derrick Rose, Chicago, 14 (4); Dwyane Wade, Miami, 13 (3); Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City, 13 (4); Gerald Wallace, Portland, 11 (1); Grant Hill, Phoenix 11 (4); Luol Deng, Chicago 11 (4); Tim Duncan, San Antonio, 11 (3); Chuck Hayes, Houston, 10 (2); Al Horford, Atlanta 7 (3); Josh Smith, Atlanta, 7 (1); Ron Artest, Los Angeles Lakers, 7 (1); Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City, 6 (1); Shane Battier, Memphis 5 (2); Thabo Sefolosha, Oklahoma City, 5; Wesley Matthews, Portland 4 (2), Kendrick Perkins, Oklahoma City, 3; Nicolas Batum, Portland, 3; (1); Joe Johnson, Atlanta; 2 (1); Keith Bogans, Chicago 2 (1); Kyle Lowry, Houston, 2; Lamar Odom, Los Angeles Lakers, 2; Luc Mbah a Moute, Milwaukee, 2; Manu Ginobili, San Antonio, 2 (1); Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee, 1; Andrew Bynum, Los Angeles Lakers 1; Arron Afflalo, Denver, 1; Jrue Holiday, Philadelphia 1; Kirk Hinrich, Atlanta 1; Nene, Denver, 1; Ronnie Brewer, Chicago, 1; Shawn Marion, Dallas, 1; Tayshaun Prince, Detroit, 1.

Your thoughts?
    http://www.nba.com/2011/news/05/09/2010-11-all-defensive-teams/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Well, at least they got votes / points.

My opinion of snubbed is, that they get nothing at all.

And how did Tim Duncan get more points than Ibaka and Hayes?

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chuck Hayes wasn't snubbed, he was punched.

Kobe Bryant on the first team is a huge joke. He is not even the best defender on his team.

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Noah didnt play half the season!!

This should be a player vote. I bet Amare would vote for chuck!!

5. gah

gah Member

I hate the fact that Kobe is a staple there, he doesn't get his hands dirty 24/7 like most other guys.

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I am completely disgusted at the fact that Kobe is on the first team. What a frakking joke.

And Grant Hill and Tim Duncan should never have more votes than Chuck.

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

(1) There are nine (9) smart coaches in the league (# voting for Chuck for either 1st or 2nd Team, plus Adelman, who was not allowed to vote for Chuck)

(2) Kyle wasn't snubbed. Rondo, Paul and Allen were all better defensively this year. If I had to replace Kobe, I might still take Sefalosha over Lowry (purely defensively).

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Kobe? BS. I agree with the rest except Noah hasn't been that great and hasn't even played most of the season.

the players on the list are are better defensively than Chuck or Kyle this season.

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Chuck Hayes gets less respect than Rodney Dangerfield.

10. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

I think Kevin Garnett would too.

Chuck will never get voted in until he plays for a contender, and that's that. :(

11. DragonGirl

DragonGirl Member

I have not watched Rockets closely very long, but I can say I love to watch Chuck defend as much as I love to watch skillful moves of Luis and Goran. He is just so focused at what he is doing, each and every defensive possession! I like and respect those eight coaches that voted for Chuck; they appreciate good blue collar work. Proably none voted for Kobe.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

before anyone gets mad who do you take off? Chuck is a great defender but better the Noah? no. Garnett? no. Tyson Chandler or Dwight Howard? no. no.

With Kyle I think there is a little better case but guards in front of him had just as good of a year defensively as Kyle. And Kobe is a very good defender... better than Leborn IMO, any day of the week.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Noah played 48 games.... barely more than half. And yes I think Chuck is a much better defender than Noah.

14. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I don't have a problem with Chuck and Lowry not getting it, especially since the Rockets are not known as a good defensive team anyways.

Kobe getting 1st team is pathetic. And what makes it worse is that in 30 years, you'll see the teenagers looking at that and thinking that Kobe was some awesome defender. I mean, Kobe and the Lakers really played some spectacular defense on Sunday.

15. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

um.........................
    just no for kobe
    <iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0JKJ0JyTikA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  16. AggieRocketsFan

Andrew Bogut snubbed.

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

Yes, they were snubbed. Especially Chuck.

Every first and second team member made the playoffs. Out of the 40 people mentioned as getting votes, only 5 of them didn't make the playoffs. Do you have to be on a playoff team to be a great defender?

I wonder how many votes they would have gotten if the Rockets made the playoffs.

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Exactly

I love the Chuckwagon as much as the next guy, but I think he's right where he should be. He got some respect, but he shouldn't be on the top 2 teams.

19. Broford

Broford Member

Is there anyone who has collected more undeserved accolades than Kobe Bryant? He has 9 All-Defense selections, but hasn't played defense since his last ring with Shaq. I also hate that the big Sportscenter names automatically get rewarded before actual defensive players.

My votes would go like this:
    G - Tony Allen
    G - Andre Iguodala
    F - Serge Ibaka
    F - Kevin Garnett
    C - Dwight Howard

G - Rajon Rondo
    G - Chris Paul
    F - Gerald Wallace
    F - Chuck Hayes
    C - Andrew Bogut

20. josh_is_white