1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we had to choose between Howard and Aldridge to sign in FA who would you choose?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Miracles Boys33, Jul 3, 2015.

?

Would you sign Howard or Aldridge

1. I would choose Howard over Aldridge

35 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. I would choose Aldridge over Howard

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. Not worried we got one of them

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. Lets see if Morey can get both of them

12 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Miracles Boys33

If Howard and Aldridge were free agents and we had the money to sign either one. Which one would you choose to sign?

2. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Here we go again with these threads.....

3. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

Howard easy. The rim protection and dominance inside the paint that he provides is just too tough to pass up. I know him and James haven't worked together quite as well as we hoped, but they're still a tremendous combo of offensive and defensive cornerstones. Aldridge is a great scorer but he doesn't really bring too much to the table besides that, and on Houston he wouldn't even be the best scorer on the team which would limit his impact to a degree. I think a Harden/Aldridge led Rockets team would have a beautiful offense, but I think in terms of Championship hopes the smart move is to go with a two-way dominator like Dwight even if Dwight's low-post game is mediocre.

Dwight playing only 41 games is the one thing that gives me pause and makes me think though. Aldridge seems to be a slightly safer bet to stay healthy and play more games over the next 5 years. That's the only argument I could make with LMA over Dwight.

1 person likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A healthy Howard anchors our defense and gives us elite rebounding. Aldridge is a better scorer, but Howard is still effective as a pick and roll finisher.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Quite Honestly . . . . I think 41 games + Playoffs of 100% Dwight Motivated Dwight
    Will be Sufficient

I think The Rockets are at the edge - Where they need to know the regular season will take of itself .. . just make the playoffs at 100%

Rocket River

6. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

If both were free agents TODAY and we had to offer them the max for 4 years, I would pick LMA simply because I don't think Dwight can be the player he is right now for more than 1 or 2 seasons.

That doesn't mean I don't like Dwight, he is amazing when playing 100% focused like he did in all postseasons he played in Houston.

7. Rockets13

Rockets13 Member

Howard's defense makes him more valuable than Aldridge.

8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Howard matters more in the playoffs.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

That's not the only argument. LMA is still a 20 plus scorer who can space the floor when Harden drives. Aldridge may not be the rim protector or finisher that Howard is but he is no slouch in those areas. And he can do so much more than Howard on the offensive end.

LMA will never be hacked late in games so he can stay on the floor more. And as you said Dwight is injury prone and for guy who depends on his athleticism more than anything else that's a bad situation.

LMA's game is similar to Duncan's which should allow to be productive 7 or 8 more years. Howard may not make it thru next season. And did I mention even when he is healthy he can't hit a ft. Below 50 for someone who shoots a lot of ft's is very bad. The analytics have spoken

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Did Pete Rose bet on games while playing?

11. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

The cheaper one.

12. Normalus

Normalus Member

Dwight, and it's not even close...