1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Think The Trade Killed Clutch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DarkHorse, Aug 13, 2001.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Has anyone else noticed it's been quiet from the Boss since the trade? Haven't seen him post a single time... Hmmm...

We miss you big guy!

;)

And if you're not posting cause something important is going on... then well... we understand...

My opinion... the shock of Hakeem and Rice was too much for him....

Poor guy....

:)

2. Timing

Timing Member

He's probably busy changing lotsa diapers! :)

3. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

after the trade................. His own diapers? :confused:
    :D

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Hehe....Droopy.

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Funny, he and I were just talking about how crazy this site has gotten. The traffic to the BBS alone is enough to make MarthaStewart.com "Sea Foam" green with envy. I am constantly amazed at his ability to keep this thing running. I plan on helping as much as I can to lighten the load for him because running this site is nearly a full-time job.

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Poor guy. He spends all of his time making sure the kids are ok, and then he has to take care of his baby! :D

7. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

The Rockets ought to just dump their staff who does the "official" page, and just hire Clutch to do this full-time . . .

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Or maybe they could just pay him (it's just one guy doing the Rockets' site) to help Clutch out!!! (Andy, you listening?) :)

Maybe not. I think the words "conflict of interest" would play a big part in something like that! :D

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Noooooooooooo!!! Then he'd have to conform to the NBA's rules and regulations. Like "no dissing of Cato", "only happy articles", or "don't give opinions, just sell product". :mad:

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Here's the all-too-honest truth...

A few weeks back my wife, with her family that came in town, was going to be going out of town for a week with the kids. She was leaving Thursday morning so we'd do something Wednesday night and help her get out the door Thursday.

That Wednesday, around 5-ish, Hakeem and the Rockets officially part ways and the trade to Toronto is going to be made. Doh #1.

Thursday morning, the BBS crashes due to the insane traffic .... and basically in an emergency state, crispee and I roll to the new BBS. I also had to do this while at work.... Doh #2.

So... a week later my wife and kids are to come home, right? Thursday -- also her birthday.

Well, she gets home at 9:30pm, conveniently around when I post that Thursday is to be "Glen Rice" day, so all night I have to prepare the site with that news. Doh #3.

So I <I>promised</I> we'd do stuff this weekend.... and just hoping the trade would not become official on Friday. Trades rarely happen on weekends, so when I left work around 4:30pm to go to a work party and no trade was done, I thought I was pretty safe.

I was at Dave & Busters around 7:30 ordering something to take home when CNNSI flashes up Rice clips and it says, "Traded" underneath his name. I was like, "ahhhhhh dammit".

This is how the page ultimately got updated on Monday with the Rice photo, full report, etc. Fell asleep putting the kids to bed, got up at 2:30am, worked on the site until 7am, slept another 2 hours then ran to work on flex time.

This is supposed to be the <I>off</I>season :)

11. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Clutch, for all you do...

[​IMG]

these smileys are for YOU!!

rH

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Number one thing not to say during sex with your wife...

"Whoa! Walt Williams just got traded for Jahidi White!! I'll be back in a little while, honey..."

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol though i bet his wife would understand

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

"I'll make passionate love to you, but first... WE GO RETRO! Put on this red and gold Rockets cap, baby!!! Who's your Rudy?! Who's your Rudy?!"

:D ... I don't think anyone can express it enough, Clutch. Thanks for this site. It's a waste of my time and I appreciate it.