1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conference Semifinals] (1)Golden State vs. (5)Portland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 30, 2016.

?

(1)Golden State vs. (5)Portland

Poll closed May 2, 2016.
  1. Warriors in 4

18.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

36.3%
  3. Warriors in 6

26.3%
  4. Warriors in 7

2.5%
  5. Blazers in 7

5.0%
  6. Blazers in 6

8.8%
  7. Blazers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Blazers in 4

2.5%
  1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

You have to be joking. A slightly better version of this Lillard Portland team beat a much better version of the Harden Rockets in 6 games back in 2014.

Portland would have beat this year's Rockets in 5 games easily, and only because Harden would have probably gone off in 1 game.

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Anyone notice that there are 3 days off between game one and two??? League trying to give curry an extra day

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Warriors - 13 fouls against, 4-5 FT's.
    Blazers - 11 fouls against, 10-16 FT's.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

ROFL, I like both posts... Hopefully Houston has a coach next season

5. Spooner

Spooner Member

It doesn't account for all the phantom calls. Admittedly I had no bias at one point, but I've been driven to this conclusion. Tired of seeing moving screens and Draymond CONSTANTLY using his forearm to gain separation.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Confirmation bias is a biatch. You see what you want to see.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I thought that was kind of interesting... I wish the playoffs would just be every other night for teams. After this round they really like to stretch it out.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

Another person on the block list!

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I don't know about tonight's game, but I do know Draymond does get away with plenty of moving screens. Obviously other players do too. I just think it'd be better if all players just set a proper screen but.. guys will get away with what they can.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

And obviously I don't think Green does it all the time, it's similar to grabbing a guys jersey, little things to gain an edge.

I mean last night's offensive foul call was a mess but at the same time Leonard was holding Westbrook and then other fouls all happened in that same 13 seconds or whatever, hahah + delay of game for foot crossing etc. Officiating is a mess, I mean in real time this **** is so fast vs non-pro it's amazing we can only b**** about a few things. It'd be cool if in the last 2 mins though of a close game they could correct stuff that wasn't called correctly and not have to use makeup calls or the " we're sorry memo". I mean if they can take stuff back (3point to 2 or flagrant down to foul etc) why can't they add **** in... With all the cameras and media, it's not like the old nba. They should be able to fix blatantly missed calls. Or maybe have a coach challenge or something in final 2.

11. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is Trayce Thompson.<br>He had 4 RBIs tonight, including a 2-run home run.<br>Be like Trayce Thompson. <br><a href="https://t.co/xsaIzGw9EM">https://t.co/xsaIzGw9EM</a></p>&mdash; Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/727699164037971968">May 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. AXG

AXG Member

Lillard in beast mode!!

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Damn Lillard is a beast. Wish we had a guy come up big like that in the postseason.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Does anybody think about how good the Blazer would be if they kept the squad together. I honestly feel like they would have a shot at the title with last year's squad and some small free agent signings.

Lillard
    McCollum / Crabbe
    Batum / Matthews
    Aldridge
    Lopez

If only they had let the roster develop a little more, would have been an amazing team.

15. heads.up

heads.up Member

Damn who knew, Stotts keeping a similar height defender on Livingston at all times and guess what, Livingston doesn't look as good as he was the first round #Coaching

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

If you take this year's version of all those players, sure. Problem is, you don't know if guys like McCollum/Crabbe would develop the same way if there were multiple vets in front of them.

17. AXG

AXG Member

Plumlee sucks big time!

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

WOW! I know right!?

Screaming that all throughout the series and we continue to hear people go on and on about how "Not JBBs fault though..." you ever play ball against your kid, little cousins, little brother or something? Yeah, that's what it's like when you put Beverly on Livingston but I digress.

19. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I really, really don't want the Warriors to win the title again.

20. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

That white dude on the blazers has been awful, you get swatted by Ezeli, c'mon man.