1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Whitney?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by magyuan, Jul 16, 2003.

1. magyuan

magyuan Member

How about Chris Whitney? He is an excellent shooter, and his defence is ok.......He is much more cost effective than Daniels and piatkowski........;)

2. Joe57/3

Joe57/3 Member

Whitney's OK but he is tiny. I think the Rockets want some size in their backup guards this year. I agree with that philosophy because having two 6'3" guys and one 6'0" guy didn't work too well on D last year.

3. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

If we had a consistent shotblocking threat like Tim Duncan or Ben Wallace, I think we could go for an undersized guard like Whitney. However, Whitney is tiny, and Yao hasn't proven that he can deliver the intimidation factor that the great shotblockers do. In any other situation, Whitney would be a great backup for Steve, but I think we need size in the backcourt just so our soft frontcourt isn't matched with a soft backcourt. We need some sort of D from somewhere, and I think we need to look for a better defender than Whitney, even though he is a heady player, pretty good decision maker. He might even help Steve learn how to cut down on those stupid mistakes.

4. x_trepidation_x

Whitney lost his position to Lue in Washington...hummm

5. SLA

SLA Member

Yeah...and Lue's gone! I believe he's goin to Orlando or Cleveland...one of them.

Whitney's a good shooter but that's it. I'd sign him for the minimum.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he'll come in and be the back up to Parker with Claxton and Kerr gone.