1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China: Still making progress

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heech, Jun 25, 2002.

1. heech

heech Contributing Member

Everyone else is probably bouncin' off the walls like me, with a relative dearth of new information... so I thought I'd just share this brief Chinese article that isn't so earth-shaking, but at least mildly interesting:

http://sports.sohu.com/83/67/sports_news164526783.shtml

Quick summary...

Basically, this reporter got in touch with some workers at the Beijing basketball authorities offices on the afternoon of the 24th. (So, that'd actually be early morning Monday here in Houston.)

There is a quote that the Wednesday deadline is really a Rockets specified deadline, but not an absolutely firm one that determines anything. (As we're now finding out, since Houston seems set to take Yao regardless.)

Also, regarding Yao Ming's, "step by step" progress is being made. The reporter got source of an "insiders' source" quote from one of the worker's there, saying anonymously that they will work hard to get all of the necessary work completed before the NBA draft.

So, at least now we know (according to thsi article) that Beijing isn't sitting on its hands playing games with Houston, but is actively trying to get the work done and *before* the draft for Houston's benefit.

2. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

well i really hope we hear this is resolved its truly driving me crazy.