1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Around the Horn: Boston will trade Rondo because Rondo wants out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

According to Jackie Mac, Houston has interest in "everybody" but not sure what Houston would offer because Asik and Jeremy Lin were spoken about as being the piece. Seems that there are still plenty of assets and contracts to work with.

Jackie also mentioned that the Knicks and Kings want him, but the Knicks have nothing to offer and Rondo has already said "no" to Sacramento. She also said that Doc Rivers doesn't like Rondo.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4goffcw1udI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1 Carl Herrera, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

*It's happening*

TJones + Bev + NO 1st?

I still have doubts on Rondo and his fit with Harden, but still better this currently PG deprived team.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Rondo is the one available guy that I want to see in a Rockets uniform most. But I can't get excited over something said on Around the Horn. lol

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Unless he comes at a decent cost, I'm just not that thrilled about Rondo. I know he's very good at what he does, but he has no outside shooting ability, he's coming off an injury and he has a history of being a headache for coaches and possibly teammates. Great playmaker and defender, but Rockets have a pretty good defender right now at the spot who is a better outside shooter (though not the playmaker/scorer that Rondo is).

I could see Rondo making things easier for Howard, however.

1 person likes this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Jackie knows her Boston stuff, but - -

But, I just don't see Rajon going now. Or coming here.

6. dznutz

dznutz Member

if we still had lin he could've been in the package seeing that he has some boston roots

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He has cali roots too...not sure that really matters either way. The team has to want him.

8. Carl Herrera

I don't know if Rondo is getting moved to Houston, but why don't you see him leaving Boston?

Seems like many of the signs point to him leaving: Boston being a bad/rebuilding team. Rondo on the final season of his contract. Boston having used a high pick on Marcus Smart. Jackie saying that Rondo wants out.

Boston should try to salvage what they can out of Rondo, whatever the best offers is in terms of pieces for their rebuild, even if it's 30 cents on the dollar. It's better than nothing.

9. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I hope we get him.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Between Harden, Rondo and Morey, OP would have a field day with "players don't want to play in Houston and/or with [one/all of the above]." :p

11. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Seems like everybody hates this dude. but he gets everyone open looks all game and plays better d than Bev imo.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Rondo is the best available PG IMO. I'd love to see him in a Rockets uniform. He'd make things so easy for Harden/Howard and he is an excellent mid-range shooter.

He is a walking triple double and is another guy that can completely take over a playoff game. He's performed at an extremely high level on the biggest stage. Veteran, a leader and a champion.

Obviously his health is a concern, but if he can come close to what he was in 08-11 then we'd be the favorites in the west.

1 person likes this.
  13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I'm only worried about potentially getting Rondo because of his perceived attitude. I don't want chemistry issues, it was the only reason I was hesitant to take Howard, I was worried about chemistry and drama.

However, I think this is where McHale shines. As a former hall-of-fame player, he gets the respect, and maybe a former Celtic would love nothing more than to play for a legend...Beverly and Rondo at point? That's some really nice defense from the 1-3-5. I'd take Goran first, because we need his shooting, but Rondo would not be a bad choice even though he is a ball dominant PG.

14. Carl Herrera

If we already have Morey, Harden and Howard and are not getting rid of them, what's one more gonna do to hurt us?

Just build the whole team out of assholes and pariahs.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If we acquire Rondo im almost certain we'll retain McHale because you need a player's coach to keep all those unique personalities satisfied.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Agreed.
    it is kind of hard to see Rondo "agreeing" (meaning saying he'll resign) to a trade to any Sacramento-esque squad.. and as noted some of the other competition for him has even fewer assets than we do.

So I'd go even further.. at a "bargain", then let's do it. To me a bargain is Beverely is the only starter you trade and you do not trade the Pellies pick. Everything else is tradeable. Might not seem like a lot, but DMo, Papa, Capella, Canaan + a future first or something aint' bad for an expiring.

17. delishman

delishman Member

It amazes me how more plugged into the NBA the diehard fan is opposed to the average sports reporter.

Isiah Thomas.. Come on. How could you not bring up the Pellies pick when mentioning the absence of Asik.

Would you rather have Rondo or Rubio, Clutch?

18. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Rondo and Howard on the Same team?

Lol I can only imagine

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Gotta have Rondo over Rubio if it came to who you would want to win with. I think Dwight might or might not be contemplating everything as it unfolds. It's his time that the organization is wasting..... With that said I'm not sure where Rondo is mentally and physically. Barbosa would have been the tweener 1/2 that would replace Lin and slightly make up for Parsons...

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

First, Rondo has repeatedly said he wants to play the FA game, to be recruited. Who would give up enough to get him when he might just walk after one season, perhaps to Zen Square Garden?

Second, C's have a million draft picks, good young'ns at the 1, a couple of nice 4s, the inconsistent Green, hope (at best) at the 5, and pretty much nothing at the 2 (besides Bradley) or 3.

Third, C's need to thin out the roster a bit to get guys developed or gone. Rondo's salary means multi-folks coming in because a well paid pro is not necessary today.

It's a tough match-up IMO for C's and any other team for Rondo.

I can imagine that Danny has been calling DM the GM to use the TPE on Bass. BB ain't RR.