1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flopping solution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rock8ts, Mar 6, 2009.

1. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Let's collect video clips of those cheap flop defense against Yao then somebody compile them and put it on youtube. I'm there's a lot of materials. everyone here is expected to submit one and we need a volunteer to do the editing.
    Then somebody send the link to TNT, or Matt Bullard.

What do you think?

2. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

I got a better solution, put spikes on the floor

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think this is like the 100th thread about flopping.
    I think this is like the 50th thread about solutions to flopping.
    I think the Rockets have sent several clips over the years to the league about flopping.
    I think other teams have sent several clips over the years to the league about flopping.
    I think the league knows about the flopping.
    I think the league doesn't care about the flopping.

4. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

This thread is not asking you to suggest a solution.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So what did you expect your suggestion to accomplish?

6. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

You don't have to respond to peoples threads if you don't like them. If you don't like it the best thing is to just not respond to it if you don't have anything substantial to contribute.

7. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Read the subject.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The title implies this is your solution to flopping. I implied this was like the 50th thread about solutions to flopping, that includes asking for solutions or giving one.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

And you don't have to keep replaying to me when I complain about a thread, but you still do it, right? Yes, i could just not say anything and continue through sort through repetitive and pointless threads on a daily basis, but if they can waste the time of others why cant I waste theirs? If they can piss us off (and i'm not the only one, i'm sure there's several posters who keep quiet) then why can't we do the same.

You see, what you have here is a perfect example of flopping. One side flops, the other tries to resist stooping to that level. As one sides keeps flopping and they aren't regulated, it becomes harder for the other side to stay civil. Eventually the non flopping side start to flop, but then they are regulated differently than the floppers. Inconsistent regulation causes one side to crack, and they fire back. This is me firing back. Don't blame the players, blame the refs.

10. mooseatwork

mooseatwork Member

I would love to see the leauge instatute a flopping foul!

11. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

Well your pissing me off with your repetitive and pointless replys so I am just taking one from your book then. It's just me firing back. Don't blame the refs blame David Stern.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Now you know how I feel. And you have every right to fire back, there's no rules against it.

13. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

that's right. My solution to flopping problem. The purpose of this thread is to check with fellow clutch fans whether or not they're willing to do this cuz I know is the only legitimate way to get the attention of the public and her excellency David Stern.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I get that. My point is/was that Stern is well aware of this because it's been getting coverage for years from the media. It's also well documented how teams send video clips showing examples. Houston has done this recently as well, and it gets them nowhere.

15. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

well, we have a choice. We can do this or we can keep watching Yao collecting offensive fouls and keep this kind of thread.

16. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Point taken. Now go away.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

wait I have another point, the team has access to a lot more clips than we fans could ever compile. So your time would be better served writing letters as concerned fans. Not sure that would accomplish anything with Stern either, but should be more than video clips.

18. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Thanks for that.

If you don't want to assist the OP ...then don't. He didn't really need you to derail his thread.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The only reason people are getting bent out of shape over my responses is because I was too blunt, but that's the only way to get a point across in here sometimes, and it worked to a certain extent. We're all rockets fans here so we all want to help the team and learn about it. Yes, we need to help each other out, but we also need to look in the mirror and ask what can i do to make the board better. Making a duplicate thread doesn't make it better.

I got called self-righteous for my comments. That implies I think i'm better than others or have more control, power, but what does it say when someone thinks they deserve their OWN thread? Isnt that self-righteous as well? To think that your solution, idea, comment, suggestion, feelings, anger, etc, deserves the spotlight on its own thread and is too good to be posted in the 3rd page of an already made thread??

I'm all for making new threads that start a unique discussion, regadless of how far out there or "dumb" it may seem, but repetitive recent threads happen for two reasons:

1. The OP feels like their comment is more important than others and deserves its own space so it can be seen and discussed.
    2. The OP is too lazy to sort through pages of a post or to look up a post, and finds it easier to make a new post, ask a question, and have everyone ELSE sort through pages or look up a post for him.

THAT is what people should be really mad at.

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Things might be different when the league sees massive video compilations coming from fans... They might start to realize just how much this shizz annoys the **** out of fans.