1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Di Maria at right wing back ??? :confused::confused:
    Kinda wasting lots of his value if you ask me.

2. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Show me those Di Maria quotes and tell me some of those central midfielders or central defenders United openly was in talks with. Man Utd didn't brief anyone on **** this year. Herrerra, Di Maria, Rojo, Blind and Falcao all came out of the blue in about 24 hours. But like I said, you believe rumours during sillyseason like a noob. So of course you think they "openly" talked to 10+ players in those positions.

3. smr6

smr6 Member

Agreed.

I'd like to see them use something more like this:

--------De Gea--------
    -Rafa--Jones--Rojo--Shaw-
    -----------Blind-----------
    ----Herrera----Di Maria----
    ----------Rooney---------
    -------Falcao---RVP-------

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It was well-known, there are certain sources that make an official statement redundant. You should know that no club will say "we want to sign player xy" openly, in case of the player later declining to sign a contract and moving to another club, it would be a really bad PR move.

And how often do you wanna say "sillyseason like a noob", are you 12? I was only wrong on Falcao and Navas I think, and both of these moves were really close to being done.

I talked about the Kroos to Real, Benatia to Bayern, di Maria leaving etc weeks before the deals came through and "official" like you always say.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And btw if the PSG president comes out and says di Maria really wanted to sign with them for weeks but the deal fell off after contract demands were too high, you should believe it.

Does the club or player have to make an official statement before you believe a rumor? Of course a freshly signed player will always say "I only wanted to play for this club" to fool the fans and hide from the fact that today's sports world is all about money.

You really seem naive and blinded by your love for ManU.

6. Sir Geving

You contradict yourself with every post and dodge questions you don't have an answer to. You are in deep water and you really don't know how to swim. Give up and appreciate the lecture.

To debunk and explain a few more things to you. Moyes made a public statement about his interest in Fabregas last year. That didn't end well. Real and Barca do it all the time to unsettle players. Some examples, Real Madrid with Ronaldo when he was at Man Utd, Barca with Fabregas when he was at Arsenal and Suarez earlier this summer. So several clubs and coaches take that approach. Debunked. Again.

You keep making statements and then backtracking on them later. Where are the Di Maria quotes about him wanting to join PSG. Link please. Then you say there aren't any statements. But I should believe the rumours and an official statement is redundant. Jesus, it's like talking to an imbecile.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Why are you so angry and aggressive? :confused:

8. Sir Geving

Lol, I'm not. This started with Yung spreading rumours like gospel during silly season. Rookie mistake. I found it annoying, but didn't care enough to say anyting. Then he made some comments that Man Utd couldn't attract big name players while not being CL. I decided to call him out on it, and it snowballed from there. And if he's not smart enough to shut up when adults are lecturing him, then I will sustain it until he realizes his place on the food chain. Now this bashing might sound angry and aggressive. But I do with a ;) So he shouldn't get too upset. We're all rocketsfans and friends at the end of the day in my book.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't know how many times you have to hear it, no club will publicly say they want player xy when they're after him and nothing is imminent, so your point abotu asking for official statements is stupid.

And 2nd: Love how you never reply to the comments the PSG president and Ancelotti made. PSG pres said di Maria wanted to join but they backed off because of salary demands. Ancelotti also said di Maria left because of ridiculous salary demands.

Well, so you have a money hungry player that wants to join PSG for a month or longer and is in talks with them, then ManU steps in and lures him with a high salary and can only do so by being the only club that was willing to pay the transfer fee.

Now directly tell me, how does that support anything you said? You really believe the stereotypical "I only want to play for this club, biggest in the world" crap that every star nowadays makes? And when you're the only club willing to pay a transfer fee and the star (di Maria) is backed into a corner by his own club, how exactly did you "attract" him in that situation? Di Maria messed up and only had one option, ManU didn't do **** and only got him because of overpaying.

Your comments on schooling me etc are remarkably stupid when you're the one that believes pr bullsh!t the players and agents feed dumb fans with.

10. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

^^ well that escalated quickly...

[​IMG]

11. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

This is one is much better.. I still think he will stick to 3 CBs so take out Rafa and add Mata.

---------De Gea---------
    -Jones---Rojo---Shaw--
    ----Herrera---Blind-----
    --Mata---------Di Maria--
    ----------Rooney---------
    -------RVP---Falcao-------

12. Sir Geving

First paragraph: I already told you about the way Man Utd publicly proclaimed their interest in bringing in Fabregas last year. That didn't materialize. Real did it with Ronaldo, and started it the year before they actually bought him. Barca has done it with Fabregas and Suarez to name a few. These are just a few examples, it's a well known tactic from Real and Barca to unsettle players. Are you denying that? Enough said if so.

2nd: I did comment on it. I wanted you to provide me those quotes. And when I first told you about Di Maria's comments, I asked the question. Is that a PR move, or the truth? Who knows, certainly not us fans. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. When the PSG president makes these comments, is it a PR move or the truth? Is he trying to save face because the player chose Man Utd over PSG, or is he telling truth? Who knows. That's the difference, and my biggest gripe with you. You nitpick rumours and tell them like gospel, you make ridiculous statements, ignore facts and backtrack later.
    I understand that there is two sides to every story, and that there are multiple possibilities. Especially during silly season.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This is my last reply because this leads to nothing.

First, why are you always going back to Fabregas and Real/Barca? Didn't mention these transfers and talks in my posts and wasn't hinting at these tactics or rumors.

Second, when, for over a month and longer, every credible source says di Maria wants to go to PSG, they're having advanced talks and then the comments of the club president directly say di Maria wanted a move, how is that silly talk and not credible enough for you? Again, you will barely find a player or club making official statements about done deals, it's idiotic to ask for a statement in every post you make.

You multiple times insisted di Maria always wanted to play for ManU and base it on his PR statements that EVERY star in the world makes after joining a club, even if he was close to signing with a different club a week ago.

Third, what's up with your repetitive and childish accusation of me trating rumors like "gospel" during "silly season" (how many times has this r****ded term been mentioned by you?)? I only was wrong on Falcao and Navas, both of these were in the final tstages and very likely to happen. Was right on everyting else because the sources I cite are credible and well-informed.

Funny to read how a person that naively believes every stupid PR statement by money-chasing and non-loyal players calls out other people that actually base their stuff on credible insider information and not just on official statements that are twisted PR for fans that can't use their brain or read what's really happening behind the scenes.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

So... like... Liverpool... right guys? Best club in the world. Let's talk more about LFC.

15. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

They tryna get Valdes :cool:

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I love Sterling. So fast.

17. Sir Geving

Seriously? Ok.
    First. Because you repeatedly said that no club would publicly state their interest in player "xy" when they are after him without a transfer being imminent. It's another false statement from you.

Secondly. Because it's silly season. There's extremely few journalists I listen too. It's common sense. And you were wrong on several occasitions. You didn't say: i read that player x is close to joining team y. That would be interesting blah blah. You wrote: player x to team y. As a fact. Annoying.

I NEVER insisted that Di Maria always wanted to play for Man Utd. I just quoted him as an example. And very unbiased asked the question: is this a PR move, or the truth? I don't know. Nobody knows what goes on behind the scenes. But you are very quick to judge, nitpick what rumours, quotes etc on what to believe when there are multiple options out there. And when you spread your interpretation as facts, it gets old soon.

Third. Because it's a rookie mistake. Things are fluid, you are not an insider or an football expert with any sort of insider information. All I'm saying is hold your horses.

You call me naive. But I have been the one who hold my options open and wait to see what unfolds. I believe a selected few journalists, but that's it. You have continued to slam "money hungry non loyal players". And it's true. It plays a huge role in todays football. Especially since Chelsea, Man City, PSG and Real Madrid have acted the way they have. Man Utd are in bad **** right now, and have a very unbalanced team. It's about time they splashed the cash. The GOAT Sir Alex isn't there to save them anymore when they are supposed to be competing with these teams.

But at the same time as you continally rip Di Maria and Falcao a new one. (Di Maria is worth every penny being one of the best players in the world btw, and Falcao actually taking a huge pay cut). You fail to mention Benatia who went to your beloved Bayern. A player that wanted more money after just one year with Roma. And forced a move since Roma thought it was unreasonable, so he landed his money contract with Bayern instead. Talk about being "money chasing and non loyal". That tells me something about your bias.

18. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I'm hype to see what we can do against Real cause I don't see them gelling soon.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I never said Benatia is loyal or not playing for titles and money, nice try. I'm not biased towards Bayern players.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you are a Bayern fan, of course you are going to be biased on or off this message board

Nobody is hundred percent objective here or in real life but that is another story.....

It is ok. Your information is well appreciated nonetheless