1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

J.J. Watt Extension Prediction

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by pugsly8422, Jan 15, 2014.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'd have to think about that. I'd feel better about it if we had a different GM.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

This sentence is behind all of my feelings of trepidation for any moves the Texans make.

Trading away the first pick for more depth? I'd feel better about it if we had a different GM.

Extending Watt? I'd feel better about it if we had a different GM.

Managing the future cap? I'd feel better about it if we had a different GM.

Drafting a QB? I'd feel better about it if we had a different GM.

Rick Smith has no trust from this fan base to do anything correctly. So fans naturally don't want to do any moves that he might be able to screw up.

1 person likes this.
  3. Remii

Remii Member

Dude, the Ravens could very possibly win their division this year... You should take a look at that defense and all of the young talent that they have.

And picking Rickie Smith over Ozzie Newsome is crazy as hell. Sure they vastly over paid for Flacco (it was a "Gun To Head" situation and they had no choice), but Ozzie is the type of GM that may can work around that and they have a good head coach.
    I will always take a great GM and a proven good coach over a slate that isn't actually so clean.

4. Remii

Remii Member

2:12pm Thu Jul 17, 2014

Cincinnati Bengals WR A.J. Green said he is not worried about a contract extension, because the team picked up his 2015 option. 'I think I'm on the backburner just because of the option. That's fine with me,' Green said. 'I don't even look at it like that. I just go out there and play and my time will come. It's not surprising. Teams always want to wait. I'm fine with my option and my $10 million. I'll take it.'

Source:*KFFL.com

That statement is something for J.J. to think about... BUT, reports say that Marvin Lewis sent a text to AJ Green this month to tell his agent to start working on an extension.

Best bet is to probably give guys like J.J. and Green extensions this year before the cap goes up.

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

we got a great deal. 42 mil less than what was predicted. awesome..