1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

MIL Bucks sign Jason Terry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NewRoxFan, Aug 23, 2016.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The Milwaukee Bucks have signed veteran guard Jason Terry to a one-year contract, reports Charles F. Gardner of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Terry, 38, spent his last two season with the Houston Rockets, averaging 5.4 points and 1.4 assists in 2015–16.

Bucks coach Jason Kidd, who played with Terry on a Dallas Mavericks squad that won the NBA title in 2011, believes the guard still has something to offer to his team.

“Jason will bring veteran leadership and shooting,” Kidd. “He’s a true pro on and off the court. Off the bench for sure he will help us with his knowledge. And I think he has some gas left.”

Terry has averaged 14.3 points, 4.1 assists and 2.4 rebounds over 17 NBA seasons.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/08/23/milwaukee-bucks-sign-jason-terry-one-year-deal

2. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jason connect.

Malakas faints.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

The Bucks are quietly turning into a powerhouse right under our noses.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Does Terry have the same representation as Kidd?

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Gooood luck Mr. Terry

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Still getting them checks

8. chonox

chonox Member

Provides championship leadership for a young core, cheap, clutch shooter for spot minutes off the bench, consummate professional - I like this pick up for MIL.

Had no issues with him while he was a Rocket and wish him all the best (except against the Rockets :p). I think at the time we picked him up we envisaged wide open 3s due to teams having to double Dwight but that never panned out since Dwight no longer demands a double. Sad it didn't work out but onto a new era of Rockets.

9. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Hopefully Terry can help Jabari Parker have a break out season. I have high hopes on him, I'm expecting him to be an all star next year.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If I can make $1.6 mill flying around on planes and shooting a basketball at the age of 39, then I'm doing it.

Surely Jet doesn't care if he gets on the court or not? It might not be the $10mill per season kind of crazy contract, but I doubt he makes more money than this ever again in his life.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jason Terry on his free agency options: “I had a couple contenders that I was really seriously looking at. Two of them were in the Finals, so that tells you right there who they were,” Terry said, referring to the Cavaliers and Warriors. “I made a call to [Gregg Popovich]. San Antonio’s another one. They were my arch-enemy for eight years when I was in Dallas, but that’s another phone call — if they call, you pick up, there’s just no question about it. … I always thought about going back and trying to finish off where I started in Atlanta. I like what they did. And then I seriously considered Boston, though we did not have a conversation.”

“I called my good friend Luke [Walton],” Terry said. “I told him if he needed any help — veteran leadership, in that capacity, with an ability to coach at the end of my deal, then that was something I would be looking forward to. He utterly declined, and I respect him for that.”

http://tinyurl.com/TerryFA

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/279763235&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

#11 J.R., Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think we have to admit that Cleveland is no longer the favorites to come out of the East.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

F I F Y

14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Good luck to jet. He was a streaky shooter for the most part for us.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Lmao at Luke Walton utterly declining.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I like how his offense is based upon running around for the duration of the 24-second shot clock until someone passes him the ball to shoot.

17. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Bucks are solid but unless LeBron James dies, it is futile.

19. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Jet most definitely eyeing out an Assistant Coach gig under Kidd.

20. hakeemthagreat

I think this is Kidd looking out for his boy. Remember Jet played w/ Kidd when Dallas got their ring, so I know they're probably good friends. Kidd was probably like "we got a spot for you here, and a nice 1.4 million to retire a Buck". I actually like seeing stuff like this. Especially to good guys like Jet