1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2016 - 2017

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Surfguy, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I LOL'd. In all seriousness though, this is getting crazy for Romo. Hang it up before you're body can't recoup.

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

It is time to move on. Let him come back and see what happens in week 8 or so but if Prescott plays well you have to let him roll. I could see Romo being the backup over the next 1.5 years. He will certainly give it another 3 or 4 goes. For example, even in 8 weeks if he broke a collarbone he would give it another whirl.

I don't expect Dak to play at his preseason level. If he does, we are even better than with Romo. That won't happen. I expect there to be a lot of good and a good bit of the bad. However, the Cowboys can now skip drafting a QB high for the next few years. Even Jameil SHowers (now the backup) has a lot of promise.

Dallas is realistically a very young team. No one in their right mind was expecting Romo to play 16 games. Maybe he comes back and is fine the rest of the year and maybe not. However, this is as good as time as ever to go ahead and get Prescott started. We need to shift our offensive philosophy to account for what can be a more duel threat QB.

Personally I am excited for the Prescott Era. Even if we end up sucking, add a few more high picks and let our young guys grow.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see why Romo would even try to come back at this point. I mean, he's 36, he gets seriously injured just about every time he goes on the field and he's not playing for anything because his team sucks. Other than to keep getting those game checks, why bother? I would hope at this point he's set up with enough money for retirement, so get after it.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Bobby.. You suck.

Thanks,

DD

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I will also gladly wager with you that Dallas has a better record at the end of the season than Houston. Loser leaves the board forever?

Thanks,

DD

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Let the era of Quincy Miller part deux begin!

7. what

what Member

The cowboys are done. They need to move on from Romo.

8. what

what Member

They should have traded up to get a qb, instead they got a pot smoking EE. lol

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's an interesting bet, while I don't think anyone in the world thinks the Cowboys are better than the Texans, the Cowboys are in probably the worst division in the NFL so there is still an outside chance they have a decent win loss record. Hmm. I'll have to think about that one.

10. Buck Turgidson

If you're a Titan fan talking noise about a Cowboy fan, well, huh, damn...

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

How good is Dak going to be?

Cowboy fans don't seem too worried... right now.

12. Buck Turgidson

Better than Steve Walsh.

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Even if Dak struggles some, he has shown he is worth the investment of developing him as the future starter over the next 2 or so years. I would just like to let him play the next two years with Romo as the super backup. If we do end up sucking this year, another huge draft will help the future.

Keep in mind we likely will have Jaylon Smith playing for us next year. Obviously there is a chance he doesn't recover but it doesn't seem like that is the likely outcome.

14. what

what Member

Well, yeah, if you put it like that. But the cowboys haven't been good since the JJ days, which is a long time.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

16. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

any chance of trading for kaepernick or a veteran free agent after week 4 of the preseason?

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

kaeperprick belongs in Dallas!

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The 49ers are about to cut Kaepernick... not because of the whole flag/anthem thing but because he's regressed as a player. Dude's head isn't into the game and he's been really crappy after they anointed him the second coming after one good year.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

'Boys have signed Mark Sanchize.