1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Pelton] Projected 2016-17 records and standings for every NBA team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Aug 24, 2016.

1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Jayson Tatum to the Mavericks

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ugggh the Lakers are most likely to be very very good in about 3 years.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Umm?

How many games the Clippers won last season when GSW won 73, which is 6.5 more than the expectation than the coming season?

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

NVM I actually agree with you, should not post when I am drunk.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I dont see how the defense can be anywhere near 16th.

They mus be assuming a lot of Capela minutes and him keeping up his RPM at that level and Harden regressing to the mean

#25 Mr. Clutch, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Is there some consensus out there that Peltons projections are great?? I see these types of projections or draft projections (whoever that guy is who does it by tier) and then you look back at prior years and they get some right, some wrong... They miss some obvious stuff and get some not obvious stuff. It's kind of what's the point??

The Vegas projections are probably the best.

Also, the Orlando commentary is funny. Talks about DJ and Jeff Green and no mention of trading Oladipo for Serge. Which I still agree wasn't great value for Oladipo but I actually think makes the Magic a better team. For the Magic, Fournier was giving them more that Oladipo anyway and Serge will be the first veteran presence they've had in a while.

As for Rockets... No comment. Who knows.

As for Jazz... Just doesn't seem likely... Though I do like their squad and upside. It's just a big big big jump in a competitive west. And why the clippers fall so much who knows. Aging players? Well I guess their bench. Clearly they're going to fizzle out in the playoffs again because of lack of depth, but that starting five, unless completely blown up by health, will take them to 50+ wins.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think RPM is a pretty decent stat, but I don't know how he used it to make projections. Like is he assuming Capela will maintain his plus/minus stats while being a starter and playing more minutes?

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'll take it, wrap it up. Possible first round win.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I say we go 46-36. It really does all depend on James Harden. If he defends at an average level and comes into the season in shape, we probably win 50 games. Not even leaning either way on if I think that will happen or not.

I do personally believe the roster is better than last year. My eye balls didn't think highly of Howard anywhere but on the defensive rebounding front last year. CC is a way worse defender but serves up a bit of paint protection. Guy is not thick enough though. That may take a couple more years!

Decent shot Harden goes ballistic on the stat sheet in this system. Will be interesting for sure.