1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Tigers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Wow...all it took was 2 bad series and the Astros have taken a sizable step back imo. Now, they have to face Toronto. Things can turn on a dime but this is a bad situation currently if we are going to give up a lot of the ground in the standings we made up. What does that playoff chart show now for the Astros playoff chances?

2. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

Injuries to Valbuena and Margo exacerbate things. Valbuena was our second strongest bat over the last two months after Altuve. Margo was having a nice turnaround as well after a crappy first six weeks. Take those two guys out of the lineup, insert crappy Keuchel, McHugh, Fister, and Harris, and this isn't a playoff team. Hopefully the pitching will turn around and Val and Margo heal quickly, we're coming up on the stretch run.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Again with the drama. Clearly Im not your guy. You are on the attack with your buddies. Its ok. I am just trying to talk baseball. Unfortunately I have to deal with non baseball posts like this one from you, stobby. See what I mean? You just posted a long stupid thing about nothing. More wasted time with posts erroneously accusing me of being someone else. Wasted time.

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Oh god!!! Two posts in a row!!! I must be an old crusty Dominican man!!!

5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

This is accurate. We must add a piece or two. The Cuban player should help, I guess. Can't just continue to run Gomez out there. Need a starter AND a closer.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

What if they signed Gurriel (he has a name) this week instead? Would that count as "adding a piece" now? Just because they signed him weeks ago doesn't make it less relevant to the deadline right now. They've already made an impact bat move.

(Your "I guess" comment made it seem like you're skeptical, hence my response. In case that ends up being a question.)

I agree that a starter would be nice. But it all depends on cost. If they don't acquire a starter, I know it'll be because the cost was outrageous / not worth it and not because they didn't want to make a move.

Closer, I'll disagree. I'm ready for Giles or Luke to take the job back. I would certainly be ok with a move for Will Smith, but with Miller/Chapman off the board, I don't think this bullpen needs to overpay (again). There are more significant needs, as you mentioned above.

Unnecessary

7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I agree on trying Giles. However, Luke alredy proved to be wrong for the role this year. I am aware that Gurriel has a name so I found your comment in parentheses to be a little unnecessary too. And yes, i said "i guess" because I am slightly skeptical about a player who is 32 and a rookie to this league. I am hopeful though. Getting another starter could happen and of course nobody wants to overpay.

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

And where did I say Gurriel wasn't a "piece" ? I didn't say that at all. In fact, it's what I mentioned him. Yeah, they added him weeks ago and he'll be up soon. Where do I seem like I don't understand this?

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Sorry quoted wrong box. Cant edit or delete.

10. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

6 of the last 7 posts are blank

While I can't read what he is saying, there is no doubt he is dominating the thread

11. Remix

Remix Member

It's seriously annoying. Already reported him in the hopes the mods ban him again